Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 or A6 manifold???

OK
    after a lot of research on the two different intake manifolds I still cannot decide which i want to get for my car,
    At this point I am just running my F22A1 engine and all I am looking for is a little bit better response when it comes to acceleration.
    I know that with the A6 I have to run a wire and get a ex ecu.
    If I just put the H23, do i need to run any wires or get a different ecu?
    Also which one is better for fuel economy?
    here is what i found on ebay so far

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-ho...Q5fAccessories

Thanks!

There's lots of existing threads with informative posts on this topic already, just search I'm currently looking into the h23 manifold myself (have the A6 already), but the 2.3's plenum and runners seem to be beastlier. Probably gonna pick one up, eBay is your friend for that unless you can find a JY that has them pulled already. Fuel economy not much sure of the huge difference or not, but in terms of wiring, what "wire" do you speak of specifically? You can run both inline to the stock ecu to my knowledge. There's a recent post on this and I believe it was mentioned in there...also a header! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142189
    Last edited by DJ metadelic; 12-17-2009, 03:44 PM.

life is good.

Comment

H23 all the the Way!!!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
      1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
      1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

H23, bigger plenum= more air flow...

Comment

OR you can mix and match the 2. I have an H22a upper plenum (which is quite larger than than the A6, just compare the 2) hooked onto the A6 runners. I am shooting for an extra 25 on the dyno with that manifold and the bisimoto heat shield gasket, which I would HIGHLY recommend that you purchase for 48 bones shipped. The gasket alone is worth 7-10 whp. And if you also want a cam to match that intake mani, look into a Delta 272. Im throwing down 130 at the wheels on an auto without the intake mani swap on a 241k mile F22a. You will find new love for the F22a, I know I did!!

Comment

Damn I would jump on that manifold, its a steal.

I just put the full H23 manifold on my A1, easy upgrade.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
              Damn I would jump on that manifold, its a steal.

I just put the full H23 manifold on my A1, easy upgrade.
              I think the price is really good, but I don't see the throttle body?

Comment

Originally posted by L_U_D_I_AAccord View Post
                I think the price is really good, but I don't see the throttle body?
                get it ...upper plenum which is quite larger than than the A6 is what you want
                then you can get the rest of the parts
                read this http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
                it`s what i`m doing ...have fun also i`m nice so i wont bid on it so get it you will like it .. my friend had it on his cb and got 36mpg with a auto trans
                Last edited by Teddy; 12-20-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

OR you can mix and match the 2. I have an H22a upper plenum (which is quite larger than than the A6, just compare the 2) hooked onto the A6 runners. I am shooting for an extra 25 on the dyno with that manifold and the bisimoto heat shield gasket, which I would HIGHLY recommend that you purchase for 48 bones shipped. The gasket alone is worth 7-10 whp. And if you also want a cam to match that intake mani, look into a Delta 272. Im throwing down 130 at the wheels on an auto without the intake mani swap on a 241k mile F22a. You will find new love for the F22a, I know I did!!

sorry to bust your nuts bud, but don't be thinking an h22/a6 manifold is going to give you 25 extra HP on a dyno alone. now if you add the f22a6 cam AND the intake, your looking at a max of 10-15 extra HP to the wheel. i actually took an f22a6 manifold and gutted the insides.....makes a sweet whistling noise, and helps low end torque surprisingly. Good luck man!

Comment

Working...
                  X