No announcement yet.

strange ideling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check for vac leaks....those will cause it to idle bounce.
    Seattle Silver crew #5
    Member of the Midwest Car Club.
    ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

first of all. that valve is the cold idle valve. u mess with that only if u have idle problem on start up. only when the car is cold.

but if the car is worm and u still have idle problems then u got to check the idle sensor on the throtle body. and the idle screw on the throtle body.
      the idle screw in the throtle body its all fucked up. many members here suggest on going and buying a new one with the seal from honda dealer.

so there are two idle problems
      1. erratic idle on start up(when the car is cold)
      2. erratic idle when the car is warm.
      two very different things.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

ok guys got some good news! the idle problem is gone. i followed the directions that were posted up before and the problem presisted but now its gone! I guess it maybe needed some time to adjust. Thanx for the help guys :-)
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

so the IACV adjustment fixed it?

posted by alb_acccord

first of all. that valve is the cold idle valve. u mess with that only if u have idle problem on start up. only when the car is cold.

but if the car is worm and u still have idle problems then u got to check the idle sensor on the throtle body. and the idle screw on the throtle body.
          the idle screw in the throtle body its all fucked up. many members here suggest on going and buying a new one with the seal from honda dealer.

so there are two idle problems
          1. erratic idle on start up(when the car is cold)
          2. erratic idle when the car is warm.
          two very different things.
          I had an idling probme when it was warm and cold and adjusting the FIV fixed it.
          Last edited by TpyoKnig; 01-17-2005, 05:46 PM.
          Im finally back!

Comment

Originally posted by TpyoKnig
            http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/t...le_adjust.html

try that for pics of what to do, its the same DYI I used to fix mine, good luck :-D
            What about gas milage does it change anything, now i have a question my rpms are to low the drop to 200 rpms and man i tell you my hole car starts to shake on me but i would appreciate any feed back thanks!

Comment

to fix that low idle problem, just raise the idle. there is a screw with a cap covering it..its on the throttle body. adjust that and it will be just fine. see ya

Comment

Where is the idle sensor and screw on the TB? I have the same problem when the car is warm...
                You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

Common Problem i guess

I have the same problem. Except mine does it after a while of driving when its warm. I tried several things. Nothing helps. Sure be glad if someone posted a solution to this.
                  JD'S 91 Honda Accord. Nothing even compares to a Honda.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

Comment

yeah where is the idle sensor??? their is only one sensor that i know of on the TB, and that is the TPS sensor. is that what you meant alb_accord?

Comment

Guess no one can solve this.

Anyone? Comeone, Anyone?
                      JD'S 91 Honda Accord. Nothing even compares to a Honda.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

Comment

try to turn the idle control on the t body all the way in then one to two Full circles out. let me know how that goes.
                        The beginning of a new era............................
                        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

by the way, that valve i believe is the fast idle valve controller. make sure when you do any adjustments, the engine is warmed up to its normal operating temp.
                          The beginning of a new era............................
                          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                          X