TCU help (pics inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU help (pics inside)

here are pictures of my TCU i cant find any leaking capacitors or spot a burn resistor like many people post they find and solves there problems
    my transmission doesnt go into gear i have to fiddle with the shifter and sometimes it slips going from gear to gear other times it doesnt.
    sry for the quality pictures its the best i could do for now

93 ex sedan
    automatic

what do you mean "fiddle with the shifter"?

have you checked the adjustment on your kickdown lever??

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

what year ? what model? D4 light blinking? or S light blinking? if not tranny might be shot

Links to my rides :
      1992 Accord EX*
      1990 Accord EX
      1991 Accord SE (4th)
      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
      1991 Accord SE

Comment

yea if you have to fiddle with the shifter then its not even near the tcu. It can be the interlock switch that enables the shifter to be shifted out of park via brake.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I had this problem, it was the shifter cable being waaaay out of adjustment, so much to the point where the gear indicator was on the verge of showing the shift lever in the wrong gear. So park was showing park, but barely. Sometimes i could feel that it was in park but wouldnt go in all the way.
          Cars:
          91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          98 Accord LX Sedan
          95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Originally posted by bmxfelon420 View Post
            I had this problem, it was the shifter cable being waaaay out of adjustment, so much to the point where the gear indicator was on the verge of showing the shift lever in the wrong gear. So park was showing park, but barely. Sometimes i could feel that it was in park but wouldnt go in all the way.
            how do I adjust this?
            btw the car is an 93 EX and there is no blinking D4 light i was just checking my TCU trying to figure out why my tranny slips sometimes when and drive but not others.
            also need some info on the trans oil cooler i have a leak on one of the lines but my fluid level is good i always check it and its always right on the top line of the dipstick
            93 ex sedan
            automatic

Comment

IF you aren't getting any trouble codes, I would assume you have an internal transmission issue like not enough pressure due to a clogged filter screen. Try doing a fluid change and go from there, but sometimes that can do more harm then good.
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Also, what do you mean by fiddle with the shifter. When you apply the brake and go to shift from park, does it feel like its still locked into place and doesn't want to move? If thats the case it can be a shift interlock switch issue.
                Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

check your shifter postion sensor. if you got an issue with wiggling the shifter that will usually be the culprit. it tells the tcm where the shift position is
                  96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

lol, jumping to conclusions so quick?

bad transmission? must be a bad TCU! cant pass smog? must be the catalytic converter!
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      lol, jumping to conclusions so quick?

bad transmission? must be a bad TCU! cant pass smog? must be the catalytic converter!
                      more like searching the forum and looking for my problem starting with the cheapest fix... -_-

fiddling with the shifter means when i go from P to D4 it wont go into D4 t will stay like half way meaning not really in neutral because if i give it enough gas the car would start moving forward like if it was in second gear or something
                      so i would shift almost to D3 and the tranny would jump and be in D4
                      when im going back up to R it wont go into R i have to move the shifter past R almost into P then it would jump into gear...
                      93 ex sedan
                      automatic

Comment

yea, there's the shifter cable you'll need to adjust. Adjustment is free

I had to do this on my civic, in neutral the reverse lights were on
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          yea, there's the shifter cable you'll need to adjust. Adjustment is free

I had to do this on my civic, in neutral the reverse lights were on
                          would that be obvious how to do after removing center console?
                          93 ex sedan
                          automatic

Comment

my question is...when did this transmission issue happen because there shouldnt be any reason to adjust the cable unless a transmission or cables been replaced.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

adjust the cable which is self explanitory when you open the console. 10mm wrench.

also not just the shifter cable! the position sensor is what acually lights up the display in your dash. you do have to set the cable first as the adjustment for the postion sensor is off the shifter.

put the shifter in d3, relase the button
                              pull the shifter back, it should sit against a lock untill you push the button.

do the same proccedure in neutral and push up toward reverse.

this is your base cable setting, then you set the sensor on the shifter.
                              i don't have the procedure for that but you can do it by feel. two ten mm nuts on the driverside of the shifter
                              96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Working...
                              X