m/t trans problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m/t trans problems

so i just got done wiht all the little things that were wrong with my car and i took it out for a real test drive and found out that my 5th gear is trashed. it goes in to gear but if i give it any gas it pops out and wount stay in gear i dont know what to do....any ideas
    Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

i know what to do, replace it with a known good tranny and replace the trans fluid every 6k.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

u could either go to the junkyard and pull 1 or get ur transmission rebuild utr 5th gear is probably stripped

Comment

Its time for an H22a tranny!

Comment

the transmission is not damaged beyond repair.
          to repair it you will need more than just a bearing kit though. your 5th hub/slider is worn or the bearings are alowing sagging and or movement in the shaft.

if you do it yourself or take it to a shop it will be more expensive than a basic "Rebuild" as will require hardparts( hub /slider, possibly shaft).
          knowing this maybe a complete used unit might be a better idea. then you can choose what one to install, h22a,h23 or f22 trans. all depends on your goals and budget.
          96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

any one know of a good place to get a rebuild kit?
            Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

I have honestly never seen rebuild kits for our transmissions. Im sure they exist, I have just never found one.

Comment

I got a rebuilt one for 600 installed.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  I got a rebuilt one for 600 installed.
                  thats really good. when i was pricing out a trans rebuild parts, it would cost me about 300 for bearings and oem seals.

I have all the websites bookmarked as well.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

sorry i forgot to check back. you have to find a transmission parts suplier . i use kingomatic in vancouver bc.i dont know if they ship over the line though.
                    96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

if it popped out of gear you probably have no gear left bacd synchro or not enough gear oil in it. My friend awhiles back had an issue where his transmission kept popping out of gear come to find out he didnt have enough oil in his transmission.

Comment

Working...
                      X