bad fuel pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad fuel pickup?

how do I take out my fuel pickup? when my tank hits 1/2 my car shuts off if I come to a quick stop or it will shudder violently like its about to shut off if i slow down quickly, it only does this when the fuel hits 1/2 they told me it could be the fuel pickup
    93 ex sedan
    automatic

reset the stupid pump. unplug from behind the seat for 10 seconds and plug back in.
    welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Originally posted by f22-dohc View Post
      reset the stupid pump. unplug from behind the seat for 10 seconds and plug back in.
      Good man

Rip It Up
      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
        Good man
        Are you serious that's all I gotta do? Doesn't make sense seing as I completely killed my batt when alternator died last week and its still doing that after everything got fixed...
        93 ex sedan
        automatic

Comment

hey i'm having the same problem,all i have to do is reset the pump.i hope this works.was going to change out the fuel pump.

Comment

u guys try it and did it work?
            welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

yea i dont think that was supposed to work how do i pull my fuel pickup out?
              93 ex sedan
              automatic

Comment

reset the pump LOL!!! that isnt going to do anything.

The problem that you are having is that the little sock filter that goes on the end of the pump has gotten flipped upwards causing it to draw air when you are coming to a stop. This is really common especially if you replace a pump with a walbro and do not use an accord filter on the end of it.

The long way to fix it is to drop the tank and replace the sock filter. I personally cut a hole inside my car above the fuel pump access so i didnt have to drop my tank anymore to figure out what this problem was being caused by.

here is a picture of what i am talking about

and a pic of the difference between some aftermarket (including walbro) and an OEM filter.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  reset the pump LOL!!! that isnt going to do anything.

The problem that you are having is that the little sock filter that goes on the end of the pump has gotten flipped upwards causing it to draw air when you are coming to a stop. This is really common especially if you replace a pump with a walbro and do not use an accord filter on the end of it.

The long way to fix it is to drop the tank and replace the sock filter. I personally cut a hole inside my car above the fuel pump access so i didnt have to drop my tank anymore to figure out what this problem was being caused by.

here is a picture of what i am talking about

and a pic of the difference between some aftermarket (including walbro) and an OEM filter.

I figured that was the problem that it was drawing air or something like that how can't I get that out? Is that doable from the access panel behind the seat? If not where do I cut the hole? (Pics of yours) I wouldn't mind cutting a hole depending where it is then just JB welding the piece back on...
                  93 ex sedan
                  automatic

Comment

it is not accessible from the plate that is there. the pump is on the drivers side of the tank. ill try to get a pic but it will be a few days.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                      it is not accessible from the plate that is there. the pump is on the drivers side of the tank. ill try to get a pic but it will be a few days.
                      what does that access panel go to then?
                      93 ex sedan
                      automatic

Comment

Originally posted by xmsleepR View Post
                        what does that access panel go to then?
                        Fuel gauge float

Comment

Working...
                        X