Rear 92 EX manual mount (the big one!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear 92 EX manual mount (the big one!)

Ok guys, I'm swapping mine out and there's just not enough room (even with the IM out) to maneuver it around the mounting bracket. What's the secret? Nothing helpful here or on HT as of yet.

The bracket (#10 here: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...5=ENGINE+MOUNT) doesn't appear to be easily removed or loosened up. There is 1 bolt (headless) that has a nut on the bottom side, but I'm more than willing to bet that it's spot welded onto the underside of the bracket.

So, how do I get it off? Even with the heater core hose out of the way, the firewall is too close to move it. I've tried pivoting it as much as I could, no luck yet.

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
    Ok guys, I'm swapping mine out and there's just not enough room (even with the IM out) to maneuver it around the mounting bracket. What's the secret? Nothing helpful here or on HT as of yet.

The bracket (#10 here: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...5=ENGINE+MOUNT) doesn't appear to be easily removed or loosened up. There is 1 bolt (headless) that has a nut on the bottom side, but I'm more than willing to bet that it's spot welded onto the underside of the bracket.

So, how do I get it off? Even with the heater core hose out of the way, the firewall is too close to move it. I've tried pivoting it as much as I could, no luck yet.
    Same problem I had trying to take it out. so instead I took it to the shop and they did it for $60 and in 30 min. but they have the car in the air so its much easy that way. im guessing your going under the car jacked up right ? if you got the cash go to the shop or if you don't then

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

no im doing it from the top. I got it halfway out, fucking steel lines on the firewall are in the way, as well as the heater core lines. I can't get the heater core lines off or I'd probably have an easier time of it.

Comment

You remove the bracket, or at least loosen it from the transmission/engine.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I got it. I couldn't get to the bolts that hold that bracket on. Damn, what a pain in the ass. Too late to take a test drive, but I'm sure it'll be better. The mount was toast.

Oh, and not having a garage anymore is torture!

Comment

It took me a long time to get mine out. you have to loosen all the other mounts so you can tilt the engine forward to create enough space to pull it out.
            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Yeah I eventually got it swapped out. Just took a break and came back to it. It was definitely a bitch, though.

Comment

Working...
              X