erraticated idle from 1 - 2 K!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erraticated idle from 1 - 2 K!!!!

ok i changed the timing belt, balance shaft belt, and water pump, and delta camshaft, put it all back together and it idles from 1 - 2,000 rpm back and forth even if its cold or even when its warm... and still happends if i rev it up and let the throttle go... help me out!!!! 1 thing to know is my timing is off, never re-timed the car yet, could that cause it???
    HAN - ZiviCase10287
    Honda-tech - zivicase
    HMT - draztik
    d-series - draztik
    Team Integra - RacinMasonC

also i tripple checked the t-belt for that timing, its PERFECTLY on!!!!! wtf is this?

NOT IT:
    -vacuum leak
    -t-belt

COULD BE:
    -timing on distributor
    anything else???

how could this happen after 5 days and just by changing the camshaft, t-belt, balance shaft belt and water pump????
    HAN - ZiviCase10287
    Honda-tech - zivicase
    HMT - draztik
    d-series - draztik

Comment

your idle screw........ -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
      tranny (no grinds)
      ECU
      DC header w/ heat wrap
      full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
      $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

check DIY section for the solution......... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
        tranny (no grinds)
        ECU
        DC header w/ heat wrap
        full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
        $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

cold idle valve for when its cold. and idle crew for when its warm. but for the idle when its work. just spray some throtle body cleaner before u go and mess with the idle screw. i hear they are so fucked up.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

so you think the idle screw is what's messed up??? i never touched anything of that when i did my t-belt and camshaft... but you guys still think it could be that?
            HAN - ZiviCase10287
            Honda-tech - zivicase
            HMT - draztik
            d-series - draztik

Comment

or it could be the eac valve. its on the left of the intake manifold. theres a white plastic collar under that lil plate with the 2 8mm bolts on top. see if u can screw that white collar back down....
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

ok this is pissing me off...... its not the idle screw, its not the timing..... the only think i know is if i unplug the IACV the idle drops to 1000 and surges to 1200 constantly..... wtf is this.... i never touched any vacuum hose except the cruise control but thats all hooked up... its just 1 vacuum hose right? other than that i never touched anything else but the dizzy, rocker arm assembly and t-belt... and the t-belt timing is perfectly on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                HAN - ZiviCase10287
                Honda-tech - zivicase
                HMT - draztik
                d-series - draztik

Comment

ok get this.... if i let it run some... it'll stop surging and idle normal... turn it off.. turn it back on... all of the time it'll rev up to 2,000 and hold for a second then go down to normal... and most of the time it'll surge... sometimes when i start it up it WON'T.... so i'm thinking vacuum leak someplace???

oh yeah i never filled the car back up with all the coolant when i did the water pump so i filled that up and now it surges from 800 - 1200....

someone please get back to me!!!!!
                  HAN - ZiviCase10287
                  Honda-tech - zivicase
                  HMT - draztik
                  d-series - draztik

Comment

This is on a b18 but should be the same. http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/Badidle.html

Comment

7) Make sure your car is completely warmed up. With it running, take the intake off the TB. There are 2 holes right in front of the throttle plate, these are the holes that feed the IACV (top hole) and the FITV (bottom hole). With your finger, cover up the bottom hole (it should NOT be sucking if your car is warmed up). If the idle goes down the FITV is to blame, either get a new one or take it apart and screw the valve completely closed (I have only read of people doing this, so I don't know exactly how. Also, you will have to keep the engine speed up yourself when the car is cold).

Next cover both holes up with your fingers. The car should sputter and die (or almost die). If it does then the source of your crappy idle is the IACV. Replace it. If you want you can test the IACV. Shut the car off and put + battery voltage to the blk/yel terminal (on the valve) and momentarily touch ground to the blu/yel side. When doing this the valve should click, if it doesn't, replace it.

If, when covering both holes the car still has a high idle, you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Again check the IM and TB nuts. You can spray carb cleaner around those areas and if any gets sucked in (the engine will rev) you have found your leak. Another source of vacuum leaks are where the FITV and IACV connect to the IM. Either replace the gaskets or use silicone gasket sealant.

From that site: thanks man... i did that and i covered up the FITV and it was a vacuum when the car wasn't completely warmed up... maybe that free'd something up cuz the car almost died afterwards... now it does it on start up.. i think something is still a little messed up tho........
                      HAN - ZiviCase10287
                      Honda-tech - zivicase
                      HMT - draztik
                      d-series - draztik

Comment

if it does it on start up now then go and check the cold idle valve.
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

ok another question... how much air should be blowing out the PCV valve hole when the PCV valve is NOT connected???? i seem to have enought to feel it pudding out and it seems to hit harder when the cam gets to a certain point.... is this because of the delt 272 regrind???
                          HAN - ZiviCase10287
                          Honda-tech - zivicase
                          HMT - draztik
                          d-series - draztik

Comment

i have a question too about the iacv and the fitv . I let the car completely warm up and all still nothing the top part has no vacuum when warmed up and the bottom part does what could be wrong?

Comment

Map Sensor

Hey bro, I know what it is . pretty much all of our car have the same problem its the map sensor. Its gone bad, the idle wont stop tell you get a new one.

"Jdm Fiend"

Comment

Working...
                              X