Cooling fan after engine off on h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling fan after engine off on h22a

So when I had my f22a1 the cooling fan would run after the engine was shut off. And I've noticed that now when I shut off the engine, the fan doesn't run. Is this right or is something wrong with it?

And if it should be running, what do I need to look for?
    Last edited by crusto2k3; 10-24-2009, 12:32 AM.
    My Honda

the fan only runs when the sensor senses the coolant temp reach a certain setting. if it never reaches that temp, it will never turn on. My cooling fan rarely turns on.

to test if the fans turn on, just hit your a/c (thats assuming the a/c was still hooked up)
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

if i'm correct i think the H22 deleted that sensor on the waterneck....the part that flows out of the head. Mine has never turned on since I did the H swap.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        the fan only runs when the sensor senses the coolant temp reach a certain setting. if it never reaches that temp, it will never turn on. My cooling fan rarely turns on.

to test if the fans turn on, just hit your a/c (thats assuming the a/c was still hooked up)
        Both fans work fine when a/c is on.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        if i'm correct i think the H22 deleted that sensor on the waterneck....the part that flows out of the head. Mine has never turned on since I did the H swap.
        See, i noticed the same thing, but i was wondering...seems like a lot of heat is trapped under the hood without it. Losi...are you correct?...lol.

Thanks for the replys though.
        My Honda

Comment

put a temp gauage under the hood. it definitely wont be 160 degrees.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
          X