F22 oil cooler install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 oil cooler install

Ok I’m installing an h22 oil cooler on my f22x block. Now is there any where else I can put this nipple for the oil cooler besides the hole off to the left of the oil filter?? Why I’m asking is I striped the head to the bolt that plugs that hole.
    Here is a pic of what I’m talking about.....

that's where I striped the crap out of the head of the plug trying to get it off. When I took the one off the h22 block it was cake but this one I have used PB plaster and a tq wrench I can't get this damn thing off.

Now can I use that spot with the hex nut?? Or is there any where else that I can put this nipple for the oil cooler.
    Thanx guys in advance!!
    Ryan

*EDIT* on the h22 there is 2 holes one on the left and right of the oil filter and cooler. Donno if that mean anything or not.
    Last edited by flcb7; 10-22-2009, 06:18 PM.
    R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
    There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

never use a torque wrench to remove a bolt because you could damage the mechinism inside it.

for removal purposes, use a long ass breaker bar and 1/2" drive sockets.
    Breaker bars are dirt cheap at Harbor Freight, i think mines ~22+/-" and i only paid like 9 bucks for it at the time because it was on sale.

PB blaster doesn't work that well for me, so i end up soaking something in Liquid Wrench overnight and then "shocking" it with a slight tap from a hammer.
    Last edited by Leung; 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I tried the breaker bar for like 30min and then I gave up and move to the tq wrench with PB blaster. It won't budge at all...but since it looks like I’m fucked with that hole any other hole I can stick it in!!!???!!
      There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

I removed an oil cooler off an F22A6 @ the jyard one time, I am pretty sure that the coolant drain bolt stays in place (the stripped bolt) unless the H22 stuff is diff. I remembered removing a smaller fitting from the block to the right of the oil filter, for the coolant return. I will tell you though, the large allen head bolt below the oil filter mount is for oil, there's oil pressure behind there. But the H22 parts may be diff, not exactly sure. Do you have the hard water pipe w/ the nipple on it on the water pump end for the coolant feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          I removed an oil cooler off an F22A6 @ the jyard one time, I am pretty sure that the coolant drain bolt stays in place (the stripped bolt) unless the H22 stuff is diff. I remembered removing a smaller fitting from the block to the right of the oil filter, for the coolant return. I will tell you though, the large allen head bolt below the oil filter mount is for oil, there's oil pressure behind there. But the H22 parts may be diff, not exactly sure. Do you have the hard water pipe w/ the nipple on it on the water pump end for the coolant feed?
          The h22 oil cooler has 2 hose line running to it. One came from the water pipe and the other one came from the engine block for oil. What I’m looking for is another place to place this nipple for the oil to/from the block if there is any other place to fit this nipple. I’m gonna keep working on this head to the bolt but I was looking for an easier way ya know?!?

Comment

Maybe I'm confused, but I thought coolant flows through both hoses and the oil is kept inside the filter and cooler housing, and never leaves via a hose. IDK. But keep trying w/ the coolant drain bolt. W/ a propane torch, heat the area of the block around the bolt, soak w/ penetrating oil repeatedly, shock the bolt w/ a hammer, keep working at it. The heat is very important, that will expand the aluminum away from the bolt. Chances are that the bolt has never been untorqued before, they're usually on there pretty good.

Comment

Yeah your right I’m sorry I think both of them are for coolant. I don’t know what I was thinking my bad you are right.
              I don’t think it has ever been uncorked either I’m the 2nd owner of this engine block. thanx for your quick responses!! Granite!!
              and sadly I don’t have a torch! Ahhh the head of the bold it just about rounded off now. I’m gonna try to find a torch and tap a smaller socket on that head.

Comment

Working...
              X