Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend's 92 EX auto burning oil at higher speeds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend's 92 EX auto burning oil at higher speeds.

My friend's 92 EX is burning oil at high speeds. Anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem? Or even better, how to fix it? :-D

He also says his tranny is shifting hard in 1st and 2nd. Going by what fizzbob said in accordztech's thread, I told my friend that he's better off with a harder shifting tranny, especially if it's starting to go.

As for your friend burning oil at higher speeds. Is there any smoke coming out of it does he run the engine hard? My guess is that he may have blown rings or is reading the oil wrong.

As for the tranny issue theres allota shit with harder shifteing when it comes to tranny's like the release bearing or imput shaft bearing or one of the springs on the clutch itself. Does it have oil in it those are some of the things you may wanna check hope this helps.

Comment

oil burning can be many things...but mainly for one, the seals are worn and old. i used to have burning oil problems until i changed my oil weight and used a certain product that was proven to work.

but higher speeds means higher rpms...more oil consumption....increase oil weight...look for smoke
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Valves need adjusted
        -Chris
        HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
        -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Comment

u can try a high weight oil like 10w30 or even 15w30 or wutever and use a high milage brand like penzoil....they have more esters and oil seal swelling characteristics than normal dino oil to help oil consumption.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

accordztech would putting heavier oil really work? i can remember when i first bought my honda and i used 10W30, because i didnt know they were supposed to use 5w30..and with the 10w30 my oil burning was more significant....and i have another question while on this topic.....when i am driving on the highway going at like 80mph (thats the MPH i always go on the highway) anyway after i exit the highway i can always smell somehting, it smells like rubber burning...idont know what it is...but it just happens when i go at high speeds..any ideas?

Comment

maybe ur leaking oil as well cause it seems if ur smelling it, then its leaking on the exaust pipe and burning..

some people do use higher weight oils and it does work....i dont use nothing but 10w30 just because of my climate condition...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Valve Guide rubber ~~
                1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                X