need help, starts randomly, dies randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help, starts randomly, dies randomly

so few days ago out of nowhere my car dies on my way home from worrk been troubleshooting, it wont start but when i let it sit for a while itll randomly crank up, but next try; nothing at all, thought it was main relay, new one did nothing, i hear it click but no fuel pump buzz, not the fuel pump, almost brand new walbro fuel pump, got it to start today and on the freeway driving car died check engine light on, get tp the side of the road try it about 6 times nothing, let it sit starts up and got home but now wont start. is there a fuse for the main relay? and where are the grounds for fuel pump and main relay. any help or guesses appreciated. need your guys' help

lovin every minute of it

what was the CEL

Comment

just solid when i was on the freeway tried to check it but just solid cel, no codes throwing, i know that could mean a faulty ecu but if the ecu is bad wouldnt it not start at all?

lovin every minute of it

Comment

nothing guys? i cant stand not driving my car

lovin every minute of it

Comment

might be the fuel pump relay

Comment

Originally posted by jose campos View Post
            might be the fuel pump relay
            isnt that the main relay? new one installed today didnt change a thing,

lovin every minute of it

Comment

then dnt knw what 2 tell u i had that problem 2 n thats what it was

Comment

Originally posted by jose campos View Post
                then dnt knw what 2 tell u i had that problem 2 n thats what it was
                thanks for your help?

lovin every minute of it

Comment

The ecu may be on it's way out, hence the intermittent problem. Try another ecu and see what happens? And I think there may be a fuse for the relay, check the under hood fuse panel

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                    The ecu may be on it's way out, hence the intermittent problem. Try another ecu and see what happens? And I think there may be a fuse for the relay, check the under hood fuse panel
                    damn i hope its not the ecu, i mean i took it apart didnt look burnt anywhere bbut that was just eyeing it, but damn im running the pr4 chipped and tuned for a jd mh22 never one single problem then just hella random, im hoping its just a ground wire or something loose

lovin every minute of it

Comment

I guess you could start checking voltage at like the fuel pump and main relay. That would suck if it was the ecu, you'd have to get a new one, have it chipped and have your car tuned again.

Comment

solid cell definitely ecu but you said let it cool down its sounds like a main relay and pump too. Damn well gotta pay the cost to be the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                          solid cell definitely ecu but you said let it cool down its sounds like a main relay and pump too. Damn well gotta pay the cost to be the boss.
                          ya im not sure cos just bought new main relay installed no change, fuel pump not even 20k old, and if its the ecu, im running the pr4 chipped on a jdm
                          h22a, what would be the best ecu for it? just pretty much stock h22, i will get it tunerd and all just want to get my car running again! oh and will the dizzy/ignitior/coil cause problems like this as well? just troubleshooting still

lovin every minute of it

Comment

lol seems like you're having my problem that i told you about .
                            solid CEL,that ECU is on its way bro .
                            try using an other ecu and see how things go.

i went through the same thing .

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
                              lol seems like you're having my problem that i told you about .
                              solid CEL,that ECU is on its way bro .
                              try using an other ecu and see how things go.

i went through the same thing .
                              haha i know, im not loking forward to changing the ecu and trying everything before i doo, but what ecu should i run bro? im running the pr4 chpped as of now,

lovin every minute of it

Comment

Working...
                              X