shitty gas mileage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shitty gas mileage?

I only got 360 miles off a full tank of gas, the gas light hadn't come on yet at 360 miles, but it was close. Thats only like 22 miles per gallon...isn't that bad?

If its a full tank, that's like 27+

This belongs in tech, not off topic

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I only have a 15 gallon tank. I get about 450 per tank, and that's around 29mpg.
      -Jay

Comment

I get about 260-300 from 13-14 gallons...its a lot better in the summer, and worse in the winter (ethanol?). I think that's like 18-22 MPG, which is about what we're rated for in the city. Most of my mileage is from going to and from the train station to go to school, so I think that's decent mileage. It's been pretty steady; I've buckled down and got maybe 23MPG, and I've driven like a complete asshole for a full tank and got maybe 20MPG in the summer. I think I'm gonna do a wet compression test though just to be safe...

What are you guys getting from your tanks?

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i have an ex and i think it has a 15 gallon and 3 gallon reserve i get about 420 in town and 450 hwy before gas light comes on....but yes this does belong in tech

Comment

Why does everyone talk about havinga reserve tank? I've dropped my tank twice and never found a "reserve". My tank hols 15 gallons and that's it.
            -Jay

Comment

I get 23ish in the city, 26 or 27 hwy.. and a 14.7 gallon tank. No reserve.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

My gas Mileage sucks as well, I'm only getting 14 FUCKING MILES TO THE GALLON, CALL ME CARZY BUT THAT'S REAL SHITTY MILEAGE. Any suggestion other than a New air filter and spark plugs. Maybe checking Timing, or a new fuel filter? Any help is apreciated.

edit.

Sorry I forgot to mention this is all city driving with nothing above 45mph. And my car is an Automatic. Thanks
                Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

ttt

Comment

i was getting about 18 mpg but i took a suggestion from my dad/mechanic, he told me it might be a bad o2 sensor in my car, so i replaced that and now im getting about 26... just a suggestion for any of you guys??

.:menmy92:..

Comment

Yeah I allready changed the O2 sensor. Too bad I don't have any idea what else it could be?

Comment

dang dude 360 is good....or atleast compared to me..i usually only get about 290-325....but hardly every in the 300's...usually 290...and thats with a 15 or so gallon refill...i wish i got 360 miles to a tank

Comment

Originally posted by Tone-us
                          Any suggestion other than a New air filter and spark plugs. Maybe checking Timing, or a new fuel filter? Any help is apreciated.
                          Definitely get a new fuel filter. Could try fuel injection clean and air filter. Nothing much else than what you mentioned.
                          -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
                          -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

Why does everyone talk about havinga reserve tank? I've dropped my tank twice and never found a "reserve". My tank hols 15 gallons and that's it.
                            If you have an ex model you have areserve that when the 15 gallons gets low enough and your gas light comes on and the resrve kicks in it is only a 3 gallon compartment built into the tank again this is only on the ex model

My gas Mileage sucks as well, I'm only getting 14 FUCKING MILES TO THE GALLON, CALL ME CARZY BUT THAT'S REAL SHITTY MILEAGE. Any suggestion other than a New air filter and spark plugs. Maybe checking Timing, or a new fuel filter? Any help is apreciated.
                            you might need to change your catalitic converter being clogged can cause bad mileage to fuel filter is a must too

Comment

how can you check to see if your cat converter is bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X