K24 oil changer interval...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K24 oil changer interval...

i know this isnt directly cb related (except 2point6) but i thought id ask anyway....

i was at work the other day when my wifey asked me to bring home some oil changing supplies for her 2005 CR-V. looked in the Mitchell ondemand site that we have at work and discovered that the recommended oil change interval (assumingly from honda, by way of mitchell) is 10,000 miles. and on top of that the oil filter filter change is 20,000 miles!!! on conventional type oil!!!

blame my 80's-90's vehicular upbringing complete with 3500mile oil changes, but does this seem extreme to anyone??

i paranoidly change my H22 oil/filter at 5k using valvoline synthetic. hers i just changed using the same, only 5/20 instead of 5/30.

what do you guys think about newer cars with extended service intervals? bmw "lifetime" fluid and the like???

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

personally my g/f cuz has a K series crv and we change that hoe with full synthetic every 3k
    and ANYTIME you change oil ALWAYS change the filter. if not then your nice new clean oil turns into shit before 0.1 miles
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

very extreme, change it sooner. lexus and toyota has thiers pretty long and look at the TSB's concerning geling or sludging.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I personally would go no more than 5,000, granted you're using at least semi-synthetic oil and a good filter. I have never understood why Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Kia, etc. have such long oil change intervals. If you only change oil every 10-15k that's a whole year for most drivers.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

glad you guys are on the same page.
          anything over 5k/synthetic just sounds totally insane to me....

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

every 3k, 5k is pushing it i dont care what oil you use. eventual your motor will look like those used motors from tiger japanese. yeah i said it!
            MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

<<<<doesnt buy from tiger.....

Comment

ya i heard bad things about tiger japan
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I have gone 1 and a half years with no oil change on my H22. 30 thousand miles and nothing was wrong. That was using Mobil 1 synthetic and a honda oil filter. It was black but not sludgy... Only reason because I was lazy and didn't care about the car lol.
                  either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Amsoil makes a 25000 mile synthetic if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Yeah 10k miles is really high. I know there are oil that claim for 25K, 15k, and so miles before needing to be changed but I always change mine around 2800miles. No sense in going 5k between oil changes. That and I just like changing my oil.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                      "The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

My Fit's recommended maximum interval is 7500, which I do. I do that in 4-5 weeks, though, and I use full synthetic. On conventional oil, I wouldn't feel comfortable going over 5,000. The 3,000 mile figure is actually quite conservative. It's not necessary to change the oil that frequently in a car that isn't driven extremely hard, in harsh conditions, or very infrequently (my Fit's instructions say to change the oil once a year if that comes before 7500 miles). Although I use synthetic, the L15A only requires conventional oil.

If the K24 takes synthetic, then 10,000 isn't a bad thing. We're just conditioned to that 3,000 mile figure!

(note to self... do not buy H22 from trah)

Comment

You know on all of those BMW commercials they say they have free maintenance and oil changes for four years? That free service only includes one oil change every 15,000 miles. They do use synthetic oil though.

Comment

Working...
                          X