• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start? Here's some tips.

First of all does it crank?

no crank?
    -does it get power to the dash?
    -any sound from the starter solenoid?

There's only a couple of places to check.
    -battery connections
    -starter solenoid
    -ignition switch

No fuel? (easy check)
    -spray carb cleaner and see if it fires and stops running.
    -check main relay (buzz.........click and cel should go off when in II)
    -if you hear the relay, take off the fuel line to the filter and crank and see if gas comes out. this will confirm that your pump is good.

-Even a clogged fuel filter, the car should still start
    -and of course check for fuel, these older cars may have issues with the sending units
    you wont have to tear into the fuel pressures unless you have problems idling or holding an idle.

Ill get to the spark section later. Remember this is just for starting the car and not getting it to idle. getting these hondas to idle is a whole another issue.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

good info. i just changed my fuel filter 5 days ago. it runs much better. all that dirt in that was just nasty.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I'm having problems with my car not starting right now. It ran great Sunday night. When I got in to go to work Monday morning it wouldn't start. Its getting fuel cuz the main relay clicks when the CEL goes off and I can hear the fuel pump hum for a few seconds. The distributor, coil, ignitor, cap, rotor, wires, and plugs are new. I don't know what else to check. I was thinking that it was the fuel filter but I figured that it would still start even if it was bad.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

damn! sorry 2 hear about everyones issues but glad 2 c i'm not the only 1 this happening to. had my turn the key while i listend to the fuel pump & i heard nothing. this is not a new prob 4 me, happens evry blue moon but now all the time. think it's the relay & hope that's all. don't want to replace the pump

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

Fuel pumps arent that hard to replace.....

Id be more pissed about the relay than the pump.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

for starters, you arent supposed to be changing pumps or relays every blue moon. they arent really supposed to wear out at all.

both my cb7's are on the oem pumps but new relays.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I agree, the OEM fuel pumps in these cars are fantastic. Personally, I know they support to atleast 55 WHP over stock for 65,XXX+ miles and still continue to work great afterwards. Same for OEM fuel injectors, may need to be cleaned & flow tested once in their typical lifespan to maintain peak performance.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
              X