No start. fml

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start. fml

Sometimes if I shut the car off after a little drive, then try to restart it it will not start. It will will give me a little put put put, sometimes when i crank. If I wait like 10 minutes it starts perfect. wtffmllolwutbbq?

I haven't had time to check shit but everything appears ok.
    wat?

I'd first check your ignition switch harness (if your starting system does not crank every time you attempt).

Then, check if alternator is charging the battery properly. Check both alternator and connections at voltage regulator of alternator. You might have a strong battery that is allowing start ups, but will eventually drain out. Basically, the alternator could be inconsistently charging the battery. I've had this happen and it was not the alternator, but the connection at the voltage regulator terminals not being secure enough (from multiple past removals, had to crimp them tighter).
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-22-2009, 03:46 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Don't main relays cause this too?

That and the battery terminals are the only thing i really see doing this.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Always cranks, no problem there, its a new alternator, Im thinking its more of main relay/ignition.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Always cranks, no problem there, its a new alternator, Im thinking its more of main relay/ignition.
          My neighbor had a 98' Accord that would crank and crank and crank, and then crank until the cows came how without starting. We replaced the battery connections, and sure enough, it fired right up...

I'd try it. Electrical systems can be weird.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
            My neighbor had a 98' Accord that would crank and crank and crank, and then crank until the cows came how without starting. We replaced the battery connections, and sure enough, it fired right up...

I'd try it. Electrical systems can be weird.
            Yeah lol. ill clean them up, terminals are new also lol.
            wat?

Comment

carb cleaner in the intake and if it fires right away, it will rule out the main relay unless it stops running after you stop spraying.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ill have to do that next time. hah
                wat?

Comment

Check main relay. Listen for fuel pump.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...86#post2220686
                  Last edited by Ander; 09-25-2009, 11:15 AM.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

I had the same problem. For me, it was the main relay. I pulled it out, opened it up and resoldered the connections on the top. Put the unit together and back in the car and I have yet to have another starting issue
                    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                    ┴─┴
                    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                    X