4000 lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're right. I think it was ac that some of them did not have.
    I'm not sure which models(it was the lowest though) didn't have factory A/c, but you could get dealer installed.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

this thread is gettin really off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
        As someone said KY accord an old member stripped his car down to 2200-2300 but it was a dangerous vehicle IMO to drive around.
        why do you think that would be a dangerous vehicle? he didnt cut anything structural out of the car, and i believe he had a racing seat/harnesses. there are many cars that weigh less than that, Aerial's, almost every Lotus, older miatas, etc. and they are all perfectly safe.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
          Show me a supra that is 2k...I have yet to see one.
          LMFAO i meant 2 tons sorry HAHA
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            why do you think that would be a dangerous vehicle? he didnt cut anything structural out of the car, and i believe he had a racing seat/harnesses. there are many cars that weigh less than that, Aerial's, almost every Lotus, older miatas, etc. and they are all perfectly safe.
            Your talking from a completely different standpoint. Those cars were made with lightness in hand and built with the structural integrity in mind. Go find pictures of his interior and see what some of the things were held on with. A racing seat and harness is not much in an car that weighs that much and looks unsafe. His front windshield scares me the most. With all that integrity in the car he has taken out for his weight reduction a seat and a harness doesnt help...He needs a cage more than anything.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my ex was with power locks and windows was about 3300. And with me 250 wish i alot more than a normal car. I did strip the seats and spare out Ithink I got about 100-180 out with that. Still a lighter seat would help, but a strip interior wont make you pimpomatic. I LOVED my cb , might get a CD soon which alas is another 400 pounds heavier but looks nicer.
              <--- working on my 5th dos ekis inlessthan an hour. YEE

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                why do you think that would be a dangerous vehicle? he didnt cut anything structural out of the car.

looks like the floor is missing and lexan added to me...

later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by flcb7 View Post
                  ohh god Im such a loser I totally miss read the post my bad...I was thinking it was the cb not the yota...damn Im tarted. well on another note any threads on reducing the lbs. of the cb7?? How light can the cb7 really get?? thats what peaked my interest not the damn yota sorry...again my bad my bad.

I keep going back and forth on if I want to drop my built h22 (still being built) in the cb7 or not...Id like to have some power to weight ratio...ya know?? Faster honda lol
                  I want to slap her into a civic but I have some flaws about this swap...I know its been done and all but I really think that h22 powered civics dont put the power to the ground like the accords do. (lsd or not)

This is why if Im wrong plz correct me cus this will change my mind on what I drop my h22 into.

Well 1st civics dont use the front motor mount...In my eyes I THINK that is losing power b/c the h22 (even stock) is torquey (sp?) as fuck and now its missing a motor mount to keep the motor stable.
                  2nd the accord is a wider stance then the civic...From what I THINK wider helps put power down to the wheels better then a slimmer body style like the civic or rex.
                  But the civic/rex is lighter form factory so it has the power to weight ratio when an h22 is swapped vs. a cb7. So can anyone help me out and clear some answers up for me. Sorry if I thread jacked I just didnt feel like making a thread ya know?

Thanx everyone in advance for your help.
                  wrong, a base model Civic hatch will run roughly 2 full sec faster in the 1/4 than a full weight Accord with same engine setup.

Comment

an ex weighs 2888pds and if you add an h22a add 100pds 2 that
                    before & after

Comment

Originally posted by 92 jdm h22a View Post
                      an ex weighs 2888pds and if you add an h22a add 100pds 2 that
                      no, the extra camshaft and a couple of other things don't weigh 100lbs

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                        no, the extra camshaft and a couple of other things don't weigh 100lbs
                        yes they do. as far as i can remember the jdm tranny is bigger and weighs more. it would b close 2 a hundred pounds. every 100pds is 5-7hp.
                        before & after

Comment

Did anybody know that the S2000 weighs the same as a CB sedan??

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                            Did anybody know that the S2000 weighs the same as a CB sedan??
                            But it has a 200hp/220hp F series

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                            "The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 92 jdm h22a View Post
                              yes they do. as far as i can remember the jdm tranny is bigger and weighs more. it would b close 2 a hundred pounds. every 100pds is 5-7hp.
                              i agree there is a weight difference, but once again... the extra camshaft doesn't weight 100lbs
                              and the trannies are the same size and weight.
                              moreover, the weight of the car has absolutely nothing to do with the horsepower output.

Comment

Originally posted by 93f22a6 View Post
                                but It Has A 200hp/220hp F Series

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X