Gas smell when I fill up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas smell when I fill up

Everytime i fill up on gas, my car gets me high off of gas fumes. I dont know where to start I checked and made sure my Sender unit cap was tight, also my gas cap doesnt give off a hisssss when i get gas could that be the problem? maybe a leak

after you filled up and driving away in your car or while you're filling up ?

and how long does the fumes last ?

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

while im driving away and about till i get at 75% of my gas

Comment

i'd get underneath your car and look around the neck area where the filler tube connects to the tank. i hear that area likes to rust.

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
          about till i get at 75% of my gas

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

i think hes saying until he uses like 25% of the gas he put in it smells like gas fumes in the car
            You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
            Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Yea it wont hurt to take a good look see under there.

Comment

I smell gas when i fill up too....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

ok ill do that

Comment

I'd bet your tank is beginning to rot out somewhere on the top. I had an old Metro that did this. I dropped the gas tank out and there was rust all the way around where the fuel pump assembly bolts on. There's also usually a gasket too, and that could be going bad. Another spot tanks go bad is where the filler neck connects to the tank. Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to diagnose this very well without dropping the gas tank down to have a look at the topside.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

How hard is it to drop the tank? in the last 4 months this problem for me has gone from smells a little after a full fill up to smells all the time and real bad turning right

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

the smell is likely coming from your charcoal canister in your engine bay. It is made to absorb gas fumes from the gas tank. the usual problem is that people top off thier gas tank too much which forces fuel into the canister which then breaks down the charcoal inside the canister.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                        X