New Compressor New Drier No coldness???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Compressor New Drier No coldness???

Ok my air condition does not get cold in my car. I have replaced the air compressor, and the drier. Also both fans doesnt come on with the air compressor, by the way the air compressor does engage. My system is fully charged but does not blow cold air. It has no leak so Im asking maybe my evaporator and condensor is bad? What are symptoms of a bad evaporator, wat are symptoms of a bad condensor?

I really need to know before I go replace something else

Maybe you have a blockage. Who charged your AC was it you or a professional. Did you use a gauge or what? If your gauge says your system was fully charged then you shouldnt have a blockage. If your not sure a good way to test it is to blow compressed air through the lines and see if it comes out the other side.
    Other than that, check you hot water valve that allows coolant to flow through the evaporator inside the car. Sometimes the know on your climate control is broken and doesnt actually control the valve when you turn the know, now that I think of it, assuming you havent, check this first.... Chill
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Make sure your compressor is spinning at the clutch not just the pulley. Then put your hand on the low side (which is the line where you filled it, the biggest one) and see if it gets cold. Then if it isnt cold then the part behind the glove box is clogged up. Its not the evaporator but the part thats hooked to it. Trying to remember the name of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
        Make sure your compressor is spinning at the clutch not just the pulley. Then put your hand on the low side (which is the line where you filled it, the biggest one) and see if it gets cold. Then if it isnt cold then the part behind the glove box is clogged up. Its not the evaporator but the part thats hooked to it. Trying to remember the name of it now.
        the clutch is spinning with the compressor, and the top line also is cold. And what are the steps or what tools do i need to blow compressed air into it?

Comment

Hmm the expansion valve might be clogged. Thats the part I was trying to tell you about. Does your car kinda idle hard when the a/c is on? Like does it shake the whole car?

You also just dont want to shoot in compressed air into your a/c system. Moisture is a/c's worst enemy so you dont wanna do that. What I suggest you do is maybe find a person with a nitrogen tank. Its high pressure air and moisture free I would say but dont take my word on that.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...S_458218381___

If you look at the pics there you can probably figure that valve is probably stuck closed or clogged. Its not a bad investment if you already replaced all that other stuff. I have seen a few Accords with this particular problem and that part was the culprit. The bad part is you are going to have to go inside the dash, and it sucks. And you have to evacuate the system. AND you have to be very careful with those aluminum hoses as they crack very easily.

I hope this helps you....

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
            Hmm the expansion valve might be clogged. Thats the part I was trying to tell you about. Does your car kinda idle hard when the a/c is on? Like does it shake the whole car?

You also just dont want to shoot in compressed air into your a/c system. Moisture is a/c's worst enemy so you dont wanna do that. What I suggest you do is maybe find a person with a nitrogen tank. Its high pressure air and moisture free I would say but dont take my word on that.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...S_458218381___

If you look at the pics there you can probably figure that valve is probably stuck closed or clogged. Its not a bad investment if you already replaced all that other stuff. I have seen a few Accords with this particular problem and that part was the culprit. The bad part is you are going to have to go inside the dash, and it sucks. And you have to evacuate the system. AND you have to be very careful with those aluminum hoses as they crack very easily.

I hope this helps you....
            i mean the car responds to the Air Compressor coming on but it doesnt shake no.

Low pressure hose is cold.
            Compressor is on and running with the clutch
            Compressor Fan isnt on
            System is fully charged
            Compressor Fan works when jumped off
            Only blows kinda cold when i go 80
            Or it will blow a lil cool air when at night

If you turn on the a/c you can tell its on its not hot but its not cold either.

Comment

ok my problem was that th compressor fan wasnt coming on , i tought the raditor fan was the compressor fan. Ok its blowing cold now but not cold enuff. And the reason i know this is because i can sit in my car at night with my shirt off and drink a sprite with my a/c on full blast.

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
                ok my problem was that th compressor fan wasnt coming on , i tought the raditor fan was the compressor fan. Ok its blowing cold now but not cold enuff. And the reason i know this is because i can sit in my car at night with my shirt off and drink a sprite with my a/c on full blast.
                lol, i think im sick because my cars ac blows too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                  lol, i think im sick because my cars ac blows too cold.

Comment

Working...
                  X