Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bent valves? broken timeing belt? quoted 1400.00???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bent valves? broken timeing belt? quoted 1400.00???

hey guys so i just got back from the local shop and they said becasue my car is

turning over without getting a spark...
    and everything past the distributor is good..(all tested)

the promblem must be a broken timeing belt, and now borken valves....

before i belive him what do u guys think?

Why not just buy another f22a?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i have another one, but im asking to make sure that sounds correct and not that some dumb guys told me wrong...

and good f22as are hard to find around here.

i have an extrea one but it leaks oil, and idk it just doesnt seem to be in the best of shape....

Comment

i think he is bsing you.. its kinda hard to bend valves on a f22... also just pull the timing cover off that will tell you if the belt is broken..are u getting a CEL???

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

You could just pull the head off and rebuild it for $350 including the machine work
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX View Post
            You could just pull the head off and rebuild it for $280 shipped including the machine work
            *tsk *tsk
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              *tsk *tsk
              assuming the pistons are fubared :P
              Last edited by MRX; 08-07-2009, 02:12 AM.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Have a compression test done.

Actually, take the distributor off, have someone crank the motor and look for the camshaft to spin. If it spins, your timing belt is in tact. If it doesn't...then your mechanic is right.

But 1400 is outrageous.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

1400 is a lot, id get a new engine. just find a junker car on craigslist and yank the engine out itll save u a grip than buying just an engine. then part the rest of the car and recycle the chassis. the metal from the chassis is at least $500 and the parts depending on the car could be a lot in ur pocket too. theres never a situation u cant profit from.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                  And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

to check for bent valves is easy, just check for proper valve lash. and bent valve will hold the valve open.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

not getting a spark has nothing to do with a timing belt and bent vavlves... if it's not getting spark then you need to check out your distributor. and 1400 is a little much for a head job. timing belt and water pump only calls for 5 hours. headgasket is an additional 2. resurface the head is 50 dollars at my local machine shop. That would be about 650-700 dollars at my shop for a head job... You can get a good used running F22 for 300-400 at a local junkyard. and just buy an engine gasket kit and put ne gaskets on it while its out of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accorddxbuds View Post
                        hey guys so i just got back from the local shop and they said because my car is

turning over without getting a spark...
                        and everything past the distributor is good..(all tested)

the problem must be a broken timing belt, and now broken valves....

Before I believe him what do u guys think?
                        Check the problem for yourself.
                        First things first, find out if the timing belt is actually broken, and whether there actually no spark?

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                        Why not just buy another f22a?
                        Love your new status

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i tested the timeing belt, everything lifts and cranks perffect, so that guy is full of shit.

so now i find myself stuck once again.

the only thing left, that could be wrong is the distributor, even though i already changed, the igniter, and the coil, i guess the other half of the distributor is bad?????

Comment

where'd you get those parts from? did you buy them from honda?

if you bought those parts new and STILL not getting a spark, then i call crappy parts. lol. did you buy those parts from auto zone or what?

go to a jy can get a entire dizzy off a cb out there. but be sure its off the CAR and not off the shelf. im not sure how they do it in your area, but theres a jy here that takes them off the car and puts auto zone parts in them and calls them "rebuilt." DsMJUNKY went thru 4 of them and none of them worked. got one from honda and the car started right up.

Comment

i bought them all from oreiles, and installed the igniter.... did the same thing..

next day coil, installed... same dam thing..

Comment

Working...
                              X