What kind of O2 sensor is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    The average tuner can navigate a website.

If you can't find it on that site, find it on this one. It's in this particular section, in fact.
    just got under my car and re wired it myself, no CEL

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
      so you saying the average tuner cant solder it?
      Oxy sensor wires shouldn't be soldered anyway as they have a calculated resistance value for the set length of the wire and connectors.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
        Oxy sensor wires shouldn't be soldered anyway as they have a calculated resistance value for the set length of the wire and connectors.
        thats right lol set the Oh Powerful Deev right but anyway so your sayin that you shudnt extend or shorten the wires on the 02 sensor because they are calibrated at length or sumthing

Comment

thats right lol set the Oh Powerful Deev right but anyway so your sayin that you shudnt extend or shorten the wires on the 02 sensor because they are calibrated at length or sumthing
          Correct. Plus IIRC one of them is a shielded wire.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Correct. Plus IIRC one of them is a shielded wire.
            damn how do i know if i cut the wire to short or too long without taking the old harness and measuring it and stuff because my connector for the 02 sensor coming from the engine harness was broke a year ago and my dumbass replaced it with a male connector and the connector on the O2 is male so i had to swap it out and I cut all four wires but I dont think I extended it or anything, will it throw a code?
            Last edited by evil_demon_01; 07-30-2009, 03:18 AM.

Comment

damn how do i know if i cut the wire to short or too long without taking the old harness and measuring it and stuff because my connector for the 02 sensor coming from the engine harness was broke a year ago and my dumbass replaced it with a male connector and the connector on the O2 is male so i had to swap it out and I cut all four wires but I dont think I extended it or anything, will it throw a code?
              Its not an OEM sensor so you won't know.
              You may not get a code, but The reading might not be accurate.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Its not an OEM sensor so you won't know.
                You may not get a code, but The reading might not be accurate.
                when i hooked the sensor up without modding it i got a Cel and my afr gauge was acting up but when i rewired it no Cel and Afr gauge is back to normal so I think I fixed it

Comment

when i hooked the sensor up without modding it i got a Cel and my afr gauge was acting up but when i rewired it no Cel and Afr gauge is back to normal so I think I fixed it
                  Is it an OEM sensor????

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Is it an OEM sensor????
                    Universal Bosch not really sure got it from autozone

Comment

Universal Bosch not really sure got it from autozone
                      I was being sarcastic
                      Of course you got a Cel, the wiring would have been incorrect.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

why are you half-assing shit? get the right O2 sensor! you may save very little money now, but you'll prob. be paying for it in the long run through shit mileage and driveability issues. FYI bosch sensors don't work right on our cars, a lot of people have had issues w/ them. So my opinion is to buy an NGK or NTK o2 sensor, as they're known now.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I said my bit. I'm done. Have fun.

People ask questions just to do what they want to do anyway. I honestly don't know why anyone bothers giving the right answer, when the wrong one is just SO much easier.

Enjoy your halfassed car.

Comment

yea well im not about to get upset and argue with yall ya feel me? I never said I was going to stay with the freaking O2 sensor for years to come. Its a temporary replacement untill I can get a brand new Ngk O2 sensor. I was getting a Cel with my old onel, got a fairly used one from my potna untill I can get a new one. But thanks for the info anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X