steering, clicking sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering, clicking sound

Wen i make sharp turns, usually slow, my car makes a clicking sound that comes from the front. It does it more on left turns usually when the wheel is turned oll the way. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem might be?

use the search option, and its your cv axle.

Comment

Heh, I was ready to reply before reading the post Yeah The CV boots have worn away. You haven't been checking them periodically have you? Naughty, naughty But if they are already clicking, the damage has been done. It will cost you a few more washingtons, but it may be worth it to just get new axles. I noticed 6 months ago that my boots were torn, but they weren't clicking yet. I went to my mechanic. He said the labor will be the same as replacing the axles altogether. He quoted $80 for each side. $20 for boots/$60 for labor. But axles were $110 for each side, with a lifetime replacement warranty. I said hell for that kinda money why not? BTW I have brand new boots in the box if anyone wants to buy them off me name a price.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yeah, your cv joint is gone.

i paid about 120 to have mine replaced with a lifetime warranty.. spit oil all over my new rims.. i was quite pissed
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I bought two new axles at o'reillys for 50 bucks a piece, with a lifetime warranty....there easy as hell to replace, the hardest part will be removing the upper control arm from the hub, but after that it is a very quick fix

Comment

Working...
          X