axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axles

what were to happen if i used prelude axles and halfshaft on my accord. i know they are longer axlex but they will still fight right? will it eventually cause the axles to break or leak?

why can't you just go to Napa and buy the right axles?
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

cuz when i got the swap it came with the lude axles and halfshaft. ive found some people say that the you would want to use the prelude ones cuz they are stronger and that they have the same dimensions.
      heres a quote from a site i found when i did a search

source: http://www.modified.com/tech/0311scc...wap/index.html

The Prelude half shafts are stronger and should be considered a necessity if you plan to use the extra power. The Accord's inner CV joint has a splined shaft that engages an internally splined section of the half shaft. The Prelude's assembly has a male spline on the half shaft that engages the beefy CV joint casing, a stronger design. Apart from this difference the sets are dimensionally the same and you'll have no trouble using the Prelude parts in the Accord knuckles and hubs.
      Last edited by jrlavey; 07-11-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

i guess it really dosent matter which axles to use, prehaps using the prelude axles and halfshaft is better. nobody can tell why not to use the lude shafts except the reason that the axles are longer but they seem to be the same length

Comment

Wait are you swapped or what do you have? more info would help
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
            Wait are you swapped or what do you have? more info would help
            ya h22a in a 92 accord. i believe im running the lude axles and halfshaft and they installed without any problems in my hubs so if they are longer than the accords wouldnt they not fit right or would it just cause problems with the axles?

Comment

^good info
              saves me from buying axles
              -Tyler

Comment

no you have to use accord axles. The prelude ones are too long and will bind

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                  no you have to use accord axles. The prelude ones are too long and will bind

Exactly and bind = premature failure at the very least!

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Working...
                  X