Damn it!!! ok guys i need ya help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn it!!! ok guys i need ya help

in the process of removing my rear motor mount today, i had to remove the first heater hose, and the hose was stuck so i used pliers, but didnt know the strength of the hose fitting was so damn soft, u can say i crimped the s.o.b, i kinda got it back right but it leaks like shit now, is this part replacable, or am i screwed, dont have pic right now but to get a good pic in your head its the two ports where the heater hoses go in the back by the rear mount

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
    in the process of removing my rear motor mount today, i had to remove the first heater hose, and the hose was stuck so i used pliers, but didnt know the strength of the hose fitting was so damn soft, u can say i crimped the s.o.b, i kinda got it back right but it leaks like shit now, is this part replacable, or am i screwed, dont have pic right now but to get a good pic in your head its the two ports where the heater hoses go in the back by the rear mount
    I feel your pain, I've smashed those too. I was able to reform mine, though.

Try taking the hose off again and see if you can make it the correct shape. If not, you will have to replace either the heater core (which is where one those hoses go) or the valve.
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

awww shit... i reshaped it to where a deep socket 10 mm would slide thru it easy, it there a certain type of tightner i should put on it, i put on the one that you squeeze with pliers and opens, then when you let go of it it tightens, would the flat head 8mm screw in one work better???

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
        awww shit... i reshaped it to where a deep socket 10 mm would slide thru it easy, it there a certain type of tightner i should put on it, i put on the one that you squeeze with pliers and opens, then when you let go of it it tightens, would the flat head 8mm screw in one work better???
        The screw in ones will work but don't over tighten it otherwise it will deform again.
        For those particular hoses I would use the original "squeeze and clamp" ones.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          The screw in ones will work but don't over tighten it otherwise it will deform again.
          For those particular hoses I would use the original "squeeze and clamp" ones.
          the squeeze and clamp ones isnt doing the job for me

Comment

you should use the ones that tight up with a screwdriver.. i dont kno the name but the more u turn it the more it tightness.
            if i find a pic of it ill post it.
            AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
            JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
              you should use the ones that tight up with a screwdriver.. i dont kno the name but the more u turn it the more it tightness.
              if i find a pic of it ill post it.
              a new hose and its just dandi

Comment

get a pipe just small enough to fit into the brass fitting that's crimped. You must open up the crimped section before putting this pipe / extension in. All that's left is the JB Weld. Let it cure and you have yourself a connection that won't leak... maybe.
                Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

i fixed it, reshaped it and got a new hose...no leak

Comment

Working...
                  X