should i just buy an icu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i just buy an icu?

Since i've owned my car, the dome light/courtesy lights/chime only work occasionally. Usually when it's rainy, or very humid. The dome light works if i turn it on, but none of these other things ever seem to work on any consistant basis. Everything else works fine; my windows, other lights, locks, defroster, etc. So would the ICU be suspect? Should i buy a new one, or is there something i can resolder in there, like i did with the main relay?
    Cars:
    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    98 Accord LX Sedan
    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

does ur door pins work? like do u see the indicator on the dash turn on and off when u open and close the door?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Mine acts slutty all the time and I eat ICUs like mad. Unless I am just getting a handful of bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        does ur door pins work? like do u see the indicator on the dash turn on and off when u open and close the door?
        I'm not sure let me check real quick. I cleaned all of them and tested them with a multimeter and they seem to be fine, just not working correctly pretty much ever. But it's odd, i figured if it was going to go bad that the defroster or some of the other stuff that runs through it would stop working too but they havent.

EDIT: hmm the rear passenger one works but no other. I'll have to find out what pin the wires go to in the icu and test them individually, or just short the terminal on something. I cleaned those switches but maybe they're beyond saving.

SUPER EDIT: Ok, so if you ever rhetorically ask yourself, "three switches cant go bad at once, can they?" then it means that you will be proven wrong. I just swapped that rear one to the drivers door and it works so i'm gonna clean them all

MEGA EDIT: I just discovered that the leading pad on the contact seems to wear faster than the trailing one, so i popped the little metal piece out that sits inside the slide and turned it the other way and in addition to scraping the contacts off with a flathead seems to have it working perfectly.
        Last edited by bmxfelon420; 06-29-2009, 08:15 PM.
        Cars:
        91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        98 Accord LX Sedan
        95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

so does ur dome light turn on and off accordingly to ur doors?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by bmxfelon420 View Post

MEGA EDIT: I just discovered that the leading pad on the contact seems to wear faster than the trailing one, so i popped the little metal piece out that sits inside the slide and turned it the other way and in addition to scraping the contacts off with a flathead seems to have it working perfectly.
            Yup. My moms CR-V had the same problem. I just loaded the door switch up with bulb grease. You can look in the categories here. I looked but couldn't find them.

Comment

if you're good at soldering, you can build up the worn contact that way sometimes. i've done it on window switches and bought a few more months-years on them
              ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Working...
              X