Air condition oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air condition oil

ok i replaced my air compressor the other day with a working one after 3 years of no ac, replaced the lines too, and went and got a Ez chill kit thing from walmart for about 30 or 40 bucks, it was cooler than normal for about 3 weeks then went back to hot, the compressor engages and everything it seems as if it wasnt cooling as cold as it should, the ez chill thing says the refridgerant had oil in it but do you guys think i should of added oil before i refilled it??? i mean its cool but not cold, barely cold at that, i almost still sweat its 102degrees over here

Usually, if your replacement compressor came from a used. closed system, then it won't need any oil. Only brand new compressors need oil. You evidently have a leak somewhere, put some dye in it, then reload the system and keep an eye on it.

Another thing you may consider after you get the leak fixed is seeing if you can get a shop to draw a vacuum on your system for about 20 minutes. This will get all of the "ambient air" out of the system and allow you to fill it with nothing but refrigerant, making it perform much better.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

yeah you have to vacuum it after you put the new parts back on. you cant just pump it full of freon. the air in the system will affect the cooling capabilities. also after you vacuum you have to add new oil.

& remember if you add too much freon you can lock f-up the compressor. so fill it to spec

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
        yeah you have to vacuum it after you put the new parts back on. you cant just pump it full of freon. the air in the system will affect the cooling capabilities. also after you vacuum you have to add new oil.

& remember if you add too much freon you can lock f-up the compressor. so fill it to spec
        copy that

Comment

Working...
        X