how do you take off a fuel rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you take off a fuel rail?

im taking the aem fuel rail off my old h22 and puttin on my new one. how would i take it off and put it back on?
    Last edited by ddcb7; 06-27-2009, 02:01 AM.

H22 cb7:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
    cb9:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
    dd cb7:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figure 1

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2. Relieve the fuel system pressure.

3. Remove any components which may interfere with the fuel rail assembly removal.

4. Unplug the electrical connector of each injector.

5. Disconnect the vacuum hose and fuel return hose from the pressure regulator.

Place a rag or shop towel over hose and tube before disconnecting.

6. Disconnect the fuel line from the rail assembly.

7. Remove the nuts/bolts securing the fuel rail. Take note of any ground cables which may be attached at these points.

8. Remove the fuel rail assembly from the engine.

9. Remove the injectors.

To install:

10. Install the fuel injectors into the fuel rail assembly (refer to the procedure outlined previously in this section).

11. Install the injectors and fuel rail as an assembly into the intake manifold. Tighten the retaining nuts/bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm). Be sure to reinstall any ground cables which may have been attached at these points.

Courtesy of Autozone repair guides

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

i highly recomend new o-ring seals for the injectors. Trust me they will leak very soon if you taken it out. Get them from honda.

and why do you need to replace the fuel rail?

I have a DIY in the DIY section but it has no more pics =/
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

you shouldn't have to replace the o-rings unless they're hard. if they're hard then they won't reseal, but if they're not 15 years old, they'll be fine to re-use.
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

i did that, and its true, but if they are hard then they would of leaked anyways.

Mine leaked a few days later and had to take it apart again to replace them. They are going to leak sooner and might as well get it done now.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
          X