SRS light-Airbag issue- HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRS light-Airbag issue- HELP!!!

Well i finally took the airbag out of the steering wheel and cut the key back on with it loose and just hanging out but still plugged in of course. After about 6 seconds the SRS light went off and stayed off, so i was confused haha. As i went to tighten down the 2 torx bolts that hold the airbag in, the light came back on and wouldn't go off until i loosened the bolts to where they were not pushing the airbag bracket up against the bracket it bolts to in the steering wheel. It seems like as soon as the airbag gets grounded out through the bracket it gets bolted down with to the steering wheel, then it triggers the light. I checked continuity on the airbag and it has continuity so the bag is good, horn works and cruise control works as well but wont stay on probably due to a bad a transmission computer.

Now that i have figured out my problem, does anybody have an idea of why this is doing this, what is causing it to do this, or does anybody have a solution to fixing it. No im not pulling my cluster out to remove the bulb.
    Last edited by vtec93accord; 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM.

pull the code and let us know what it is.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

How do you pull the code? Ive searched numerous times on this site and on honda-tech.com and couldnt find anything on checking the code for SRS lights on 4th gen. Accords. I could only ever find anything for i think 94 and newer.

So if you could be kind enough to tell me how and all that mess, ill definetly get that done ASAP because its really annoying with what its doing.

Comment

Anybody have any other ideas? What is the deal with my airbag doing this, it really doesnt make sense to me at all.

Comment

Working...
        X