Strange Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Noise

im getting a strange noise comming from the motor and i cant tell what it is. i do have it on video for you guys can maybe assist me with this noise

thanks

if you cant view the video here is a link Youtube link
    Last edited by killin; 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM.

anyone?

Comment

wtf? that is a strange noise.. its rpm related right?? i thought it could be a belt, but i doubt it.. umm... shoot, i have no clue.. ill get to searchin to hopefully find some answers for you..

Comment

whats your idle at?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by NinJa_FLiP View Post
          wtf? that is a strange noise.. its rpm related right?? i thought it could be a belt, but i doubt it.. umm... shoot, i have no clue.. ill get to searchin to hopefully find some answers for you..
          im not sure if it is im when i put it in drive it stops. 2 of my friends says its the power steering and or timing belt

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
          whats your idle at?
          1 want say900-1100 i think i cant remember. what should be the right idle for my car>
          Last edited by killin; 06-18-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I think idle should be 800.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

yeah man your idle is way to high your hearing the whining of the engine cause the rpms are to high lower them down to 700 or 800 by the screw on the throttle body there is a little flat head screw that my old 91 accord it was acculy vibrating loose try turning it to the right alittle when the car is fully at warmed up, when a cold start it should rev up to like 1100 when cold maybe a little more then it will go down slow

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord91 View Post
                yeah man your idle is way to high your hearing the whining of the engine cause the rpms are to high lower them down to 700 or 800 by the screw on the throttle body there is a little flat head screw that my old 91 accord it was acculy vibrating loose try turning it to the right alittle when the car is fully at warmed up, when a cold start it should rev up to like 1100 when cold maybe a little more then it will go down slow
                im not to sure ill have to look again but when i do put it in gear the rpm lowers

Comment

Even though your idle is high I'm pretty sure thats not why that whining sound is being made. It sounds like a big vaccum sound of some sort.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

maybe check your air filter. I'm thinking that my car has a similar issue, sometimes when i accelerate it whistles, and it's about a year old or so. Being that it's cheap i'll probably replace it with a k&n.
                    Cars:
                    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    98 Accord LX Sedan
                    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Timing.........maybe, but I would put money that it's your power steering pump for sure. The fluid in there could be too thick so flush it and refill with the good stuff from the dealer. My car sounds like that every winter when the fluid is cold and thick, once the car heats up it goes away.

Outta curiosity, does the steering feel tighter than normal? And does the sound go away after a few blocks?

In the video sounded like a cold start for sure, whats the temp when you took the video?

GOT F?

Comment

Any solution to the whining noise?
                        MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

naw, not sure of what this could be. some people i know said it might be the power steering. so im going to have my uncle look at it when i can tow my car up to newyork

Comment

i cant see the video
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                            X