No announcement yet.

What MUFFLER are yall using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsudo exhaust w/ 2.25 piping and no resonators.
    Gotta barely touch the throttle while the cops are besides me.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
      Ok Nail just checked it out. Sounds nice. Mine used to sound like that with the Accord WS. I will definitely look into getting another resonator. Thanks for the help, and sorry for jacking the thread.

Back on topic
      No prob. Also are you planning to keep the 2.3in piping? That might have a slightly diff resonance through the exhaust. Mine was 2.5" from cat back too. So it might have been a lil louder other than the muffler contributing to most of it lol.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Magnaflow straight through design.

Nice and low tone, only loud at WOT.

Purchased from an auto parts store.
        Originally posted by chessboxer
        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

my turbo setup i used a greddy evo 2 with vibrant resonator and magnaflow cat. sounded so mean!
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

22" glasspack and a silencer. turbo quiets it down. when I was naturally aspirated I also had a chambered muffler

the KEY to having a quiet setup is a silencer. there is no other way around it.
            if you don't have a silencer or some super expensive name brand exhaust, it is going to be loud
            Last edited by rexload; 06-13-2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
              No prob. Also are you planning to keep the 2.3in piping? That might have a slightly diff resonance through the exhaust. Mine was 2.5" from cat back too. So it might have been a lil louder other than the muffler contributing to most of it lol.
              In all honesty, I am content with my exhaust setup. I have a tri-y, with a vibrant resonator, 2.5 kteller custom piping and a universal 2.36 WS2 muffler. I deleted my cat. The thing is there is muffler noise seeping into the cabin. It didnt do that with the Accord WS. I would go with a twin loop, but I like the way my muffler is right now. I would dynamat the trunk, but I don't even know if that would help. Also, it'll add weight.

Oh and my setup backfires too. Sounds saweet.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

yes, please put something on it! That fuking thing was to loud and very annoying. I'm glad to see your finally doing something about it.

Oh, I told you where going to get pulled over all the time!! Ha Ha!
                Last edited by lilb_1979; 06-13-2009, 09:27 PM.
                Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                Coupe MRT

Comment

I really dont care about it being a little loud. Right now it sounds like a fackin top fuel drag car when I accelerate normally. I will be trying the thrush on monday and see what that does.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                    Ok so there I was balls deep in this bitch just loving it...after that I decided to go get an exhaust for the wagon because the stock exhaust was choking my cam to death. So I went to the local muffler shop over here and got a STRAIGHT PIPE from the cat delete back. OMFG it is soooooo effin loud. LIKE LOOUUUDDDD!!!!! It took me 40 minutes to get home when I only live 13 miles away. Wanna know why? I got pulled over twice on the way to my house. SC cops NEVER pull anybody over for loud exhaust. NEVER! So I was wondering. What MUFFLER is everybody running these days that sounds good? I do NOT want a fart can. I was looking into a thrush muffler to hopefully quiet it down a little bit but what does everybody else think? I dont wanna take a shot in the dark. All help is greatly appreciated since I am going deaf!
                    lol wow funny story, im sorry to hear that this happened to you, anyways moving on i have a Tanabe super hyper medallion exhaust, all of the people that have heard it loved how it sounds, not too loud, not too soft, just perfect, im not sure if it will work since you have a wagon, but at the end i hope that you are happy with what you decide

Comment

I'm sporting a Magnaflow cat back with a Car Chemistry CC insert, love the sound!
                      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

my muffler is N/A, it fell off

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                          In all honesty, I am content with my exhaust setup. I have a tri-y, with a vibrant resonator, 2.5 kteller custom piping and a universal 2.36 WS2 muffler. I deleted my cat. The thing is there is muffler noise seeping into the cabin. It didnt do that with the Accord WS. I would go with a twin loop, but I like the way my muffler is right now. I would dynamat the trunk, but I don't even know if that would help. Also, it'll add weight.

Oh and my setup backfires too. Sounds saweet.
                          Dynamat will help. The problem as you already have said it adds weight but it does work with some noise insulation. My friend dynamatted his complete TC that was one of the quietest TC's I have ridden in until he turned up his system lol.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

[QUOTE=NAiL05;2091016]I used an ebay N1 replica off of ebay. QUOTE]

what he's using

Comment

Flowmaster.

Hyuck.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                                Ok so there I was balls deep in this bitch just loving it...
                                Did we really need to know this?

I'm using the OE muffler. It has a small rust hole in the pipe just before the muffler, sounds really nice, not very loud and just the right amount of 'rasp'...
                                Regards from Oz,
                                John.

Comment

Working...
                                X