What MUFFLER are yall using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What MUFFLER are yall using?

Ok so there I was balls deep in this bitch just loving it...after that I decided to go get an exhaust for the wagon because the stock exhaust was choking my cam to death. So I went to the local muffler shop over here and got a STRAIGHT PIPE from the cat delete back. OMFG it is soooooo effin loud. LIKE LOOUUUDDDD!!!!! It took me 40 minutes to get home when I only live 13 miles away. Wanna know why? I got pulled over twice on the way to my house. SC cops NEVER pull anybody over for loud exhaust. NEVER! So I was wondering. What MUFFLER is everybody running these days that sounds good? I do NOT want a fart can. I was looking into a thrush muffler to hopefully quiet it down a little bit but what does everybody else think? I dont wanna take a shot in the dark. All help is greatly appreciated since I am going deaf!

full greddy Sp cat back. stock cat, 2 resonators, and the greddy muffler. It's loud when i want to be loud.

Put a resonator and your stock cat on and you'll be good to go.

Comment

I want to hear the straight pipe !!!!

Ive got a Magnaslow mangled on the the collection of pipes that hangs under my car. Sounds OK but Im tired of the noise level. I think Im going to go back to stock with a couple cherry bombs in there for good measure. Stealth shit son!

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

you cat off. THATS why your car is so loud. there was no reason to take your cat off unless your running some good N/A Hp numbers or your boosted. fools around here take them off and make their car ANNOYINGLY loud. but your OEM cat back on and it'll quit it down.

what size pipping did you get?

Comment

I dont have any

Comment

I got a good reason why my cat is off. Gotta Delta 272 thats trying to breathe. I am going to try a thrush muffler and see what happens. Hopefully the cops will quit pulling me over.

Comment

I have an aftermarket muffler.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

opak racing .
                via previous owner .
                sounds nice and low .

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

I have a WS universal cannister with custom kteller 2.5 piping. My universal WS is quiet to an extent. I do not have a cat but have one resonator. Will putting on my cat HONESTLY make my exhaust quieter?

It's not annoyingly loud, but I hear my muffler in the cabin. I didnt hear it when I had the WS made for the Accord with a cat. Of course the WS for the Accord is 2.36 piping, but I dont think 2.5 would make it that much louder.

Does 2 resonators actually work??

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

I used an ebay N1 replica off of ebay.

JDM Inspired - Yes the dual resonators do work. I used them on my setup. If you want to hear a sound clip its in my profile. With a diff muffler I am pretty sure you can tone down the noise more. I loved the dual resonator because it was lower and got rid of rasp. I had two 18" resonators on my setup.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

id use a mudgen muffler its not to loud but its not a coffee can or even a greddy but mine is a apc with a silencer and mine is a coffee can. lol so ya you can get a cat on ebay for thirty bucks for your accord that would quite it down peace
                      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

sp1, OG!

formely uncle el's :]

also running his old header, so they're united once again!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                          I used an ebay N1 replica off of ebay.

JDM Inspired - Yes the dual resonators do work. I used them on my setup. If you want to hear a sound clip its in my profile. With a diff muffler I am pretty sure you can tone down the noise more. I loved the dual resonator because it was lower and got rid of rasp. I had two 18" resonators on my setup.
                          Right on. I'll check it out.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Ok Nail just checked it out. Sounds nice. Mine used to sound like that with the Accord WS. I will definitely look into getting another resonator. Thanks for the help, and sorry for jacking the thread.

Back on topic

93 'til infinity

Comment

Remus, nice and low tone, no rasp

Comment

Working...
                              X