can u help me with my SPORT MODE????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can u help me with my SPORT MODE????

okay, i dont wanna hear, SEARCH, or NEWBIE, but i just got my accord, (i am used to working with the civics), and i need someone to explain how to use it and what it is, more indepth than what i hear.............. ...........

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

S E A R C H. lol joke.
    u have automatic right?
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i hear ya dude... newbie here also. and while i dont have that option on my accord. my understanding of sport mode is that it changes the shift point to higher rpms on the tranny.

Comment

nah, i have a 5spd......

J/K LOL.....
        i just bought the accord yes, so im in the newbie boat for awhile,. but im the honda man... im just new to the accords...

anyway, ya thats probably true, which models came with the option, cause i dont have it, but then again, my car doesnt have the tags on it, its a LX/DX cause its got the f22a1....

Comment

It dosnt matter what model you have, it was just an option. I have it on my 90 lx. Really, all it does is force the car to rev to higher rpm's before shifting under normal driving conditions. when you're pushin it hard, it still will rev to redline..... that's the only difference i've noticed.. not something i'd suggust paying to have added, it really does nothing spectacular.
          --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

like basically it makes u not have to go through gears to redline it, it make it so u can just floor it in drive and the power is ther, right now to push it to redline i have to drop it into 1st and floor the shit out of it and manually shift to get it to go to redline...

Comment

using a 75 shot.....it made a difference of .2 seconds on the 1/4 so it does do something different at full throttle

Juiced member....
              05' will be the year of the accord.

Comment

well thnx for the help.... I appriciate it...

Comment

i use sports when i dont want to floor it and i just want to step on the gas a bit, it stays in gear longer...

or if im like jamming through small areas where i downshift alot, it helps in downshifting cause for some reason its a bit faster.

hehehehehhe for your info there was no sports avalible in the manuals
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                  X