3rd gear grinds at high rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gear grinds at high rpms

im thinking i need a new tranny it only grinds in 3rd gear when i shift at higher rpms wht do yall think

same with mine in 4th...synchros are on the way out.

it isnt that expensive to rebuild but just time consuming. gonna be doing two trannies this summer.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      same with mine in 4th...synchros are on the way out.

it isnt that expensive to rebuild but just time consuming. gonna be doing two trannies this summer.

hmm doesnt sound too bad i thought it would be waaaayyyyyy worse

Comment

do you know of any website i could be able to order them from

Comment

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cata...its/honda.html

seals and bearings, id order from a cheap honda website. gearspeed on ebay also sells components.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

man thanks a bunch for the info !

Comment

rebuilding my first tranny only took me four hours plus an hour for removing and replacing the tranny. Just make damn sure you have a manual handy for tq. specs and its also a good idea to clean all the oil holes on the shafts as well.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

mine also grinds on 3rd and 5th, it happens wen im @ high rpms, and i have 2 shift smooth so it can go in good, but if i shift like wen im racing then my gear grinds.
                AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                  mine also grinds on 3rd and 5th, it happens wen im @ high rpms, and i have 2 shift smooth so it can go in good, but if i shift like wen im racing then my gear grinds.
                  x2 same exact thing with mine.
                  Everybody debates on this, F22 trannyor JDM H22 tranny swap? I figure since its gonna go out,I would much rather change than rebuild
                  The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                  James 4:7
                  Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
                    x2 same exact thing with mine.
                    Everybody debates on this, F22 trannyor JDM H22 tranny swap? I figure since its gonna go out,I would much rather change than rebuild
                    change to a potentially worn/used transmission.

then you'll be doing the job twice or even trwice. good logic there.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                    X