Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 questions, 1 thread (throttle body related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions, 1 thread (throttle body related)

Ok, on my new cb its got some weird problems. Its my 4th one, too.

Anyway, the other day I was messing with the throttle cable at the engine bay. I pressed the throttle, by moving the cable counter clockwise, and it revved, obviously. But the idle had been changing so much inconsistently, I pressed the butterfly deal clockwise to see what would happen.

Well the car went from about 1k at idle to about 300 rpm. Like the opposite of pressing on the throttle. So I got in the car and stomped it, it revved to 3k then reset, back to 1k. I pulled UP on the gas pedal, put my foot under it and pulled upward. It did the same thing, dropped to 300 rpm.

Anyone ever have this problem? I tightened the cable adjustment up top with the two nuts to no avail. Its weird. I can't keep a consistent idle because of it. Its like the cable doesn't fully reset. Any ideas?

QUESTION 2:
    I think I'm having problems with my vacuum line routing under my hood. Specifically behind the intake manifold, and the line that runs behind the manifold (not the booster line), the plastic one that goes to a rubber hose.

Does anyone have any pics of the routing? Or would someone mind snapping some pics for me? I would really appreciate it.

1. I had a similar problem with my car where if I pulled back on the gass pedal the RPM would go down. I eventually replaced the IACV to fix it because it was hypersensitive to throttle plate movement. I'm not telling you to replace it, but that may be somewhere you could start looking. Clean it out if you haven't done it in a while.

2. Are you talking about the line that goes to the cruise control servo?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

IACV is brand new. Its OEM honda.

I just need all the vacuum stuff i think its all routed wrong.

Comment

2. it goes to an air boost valve on the side of the top section of the manifold. I recommend NOT hooking it up, just plug both ends( the valve and the hose). The reason is b/c when I hooked mine up my car did some funny things at idle.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
        X