Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would cause the idle to lower this much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would cause the idle to lower this much?

Ever since i've had my car, it has idled way too low, sometimes lower than the tach can read. The other day i was at a stop sign and it got reaaaaly low and stalled. When i started it back up it was idling really low still and shaking bad (i need new motor mounts) so i pulled over and checked my oil, coolant, and made sure i didnt have any belts coming off or anything. It didnt, so i started it again, and it idled fine. It hasnt done that since, but what could be causing that? EGR, or FITV? I dont have a swivel socket to check the egr, but i could clean out the fitv if that could be causing it. My idle adjustment screw is stripped and doesnt turn right when i can get it to move in my throttle body so i have another TB on the way. Would checking these things i've mentioned cover my problem, or does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Cars:
    91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    98 Accord LX Sedan
    95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

when warm, unplug the IACV and adjust to 650. turn off engine. plug iacv back in and start the engine. it should read 750rpm.

get a more reliable tach, i dont trust those 20 year old guages.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

people would probably make fun of me with it on an auto, but screw em. I heard that the stock tach isnt accurate under 1k anyways.
      Cars:
      98 Accord LX Sedan

Comment

the tube seals in your valve cover... if oil leaks down onto the plugs and wires, it WILL fugg with your idle, hardcore... i feel ya with the motor mount issue, i just went through it... and with the new mounts installed so the motor doesn't shake, helped my idle too
        THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

Comment

that might also explain how i'm losing oil. I have another set of lower seals, i guess it's time to get to work.
          Cars:
          98 Accord LX Sedan

Comment

Working...
          X