Replace IM-G or Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace IM-G or Swap?

First of all.....DAyyyyyum! hahaha its been....half a year since i been on here? Gahdam! So which means, yea my cb7 has been sittin' out for awhile (Dust, webs around tires, pollen in and out..i know...its cuz i was broke ok!? )...
    Anyway...last time i drove it, it was overheating bad and steaming like a mofo. Finally had the money and time to check it out today and realized it wasn't any hose that needs to be replaced. It's the Gasket for the Intake Manifold. Cuz i mean i can actually see a piece of the Gasket dangling and at the same time leaking Coolant at that spot. So yeah this is near the Passenger side of the Intake Manifold. AND!!!! This is my reason why it's been bogging and hesitating to accelerate when i'd drive normally. YAY! I leveled up cuz i finally solved my cb7 issue.
    So my question goes, should i replace this IM Gasket or simply swap for an
    H22A? I have no idea how to even do neither ---Gasket/Swap---...so suggestions/Advice? My commom sense is to swap it and be happy finally, but of course im still trying to build up to 2500 in the bank. I mean I DID find an H22a for under 1grand . IDK i need more confidence i think. Confuse meeee!

And those who just wanna know what i been up to and some random facts....
    -My ass is finally out of Oklahoma and back in Texas for good since Jan.
    -Been driving my slowass stock EJ8 eversince.
    -Oklahoma was only badass cuz there are shitloads of cb7s there.
    -Got Laid off from my CSC Computer Airline Support job in Oklahoma in August
    -Worked at the movie theatres in Jenks for awhile. Cb7 was still alive.
    -December was when cb7 was acting like a ***got.
    -Fixed the cb7 temporarily and drove it back on Janurary to Texas luckily.
    -Then cb7 overheated few weeks later.
    -I got sad.
    -Found/got a job on Craigslist, ad for parking valet at the Omni Hotel in Downtown Ft. Worth in March (Gah took 3 fuckin' months to finally get a job!)
    -Missed Cb7tuner.com
    -Finally signed back on today!
    -Tax return money saved my ass
    -Gotta save to 2500 or 3G to finally be a real cb7tuner. (because i still wanna to have a couple hundred left over in my bank )
    -Can't wait to install my Jdm 1pieces and sidemarkers!
    -This was a pointless thread and i just wanted attention.
    -I would VERY like some help and how to install an H22A when i DO get it for those in FunkytoWn
    with me ...me like to learn.
    Just replace the IM-G
    62.50%
    Save enough for the H22A and get it over with dammit!
    37.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Djmoua; 05-23-2009, 05:46 PM.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

replace the im gasket and call it a day.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      replace the im gasket and call it a day.
      you really think so?...i mean hellyea, if i knew what i was doin', i wouldn't even ask how to do it. But ha idk shit.

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

change the gasket, call it a day as said.

then save money for the swap later.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

cause swaps never get done under budget.

my h23 head swap, had to be sent out to the machine shop which cost me another 120 bucks that i didnt anticipate to spend.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

this almost seems like a dumb question to me. should u spend a couple bucks and fix the gasket or spend a couple grand and just replace the engine cuz of a bad intake gasket? now, if the old engine was toast, then i'd be thinkin about swappin. save urself some money and a big headache and just fix the gasket, just like the last few ppl said.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
              this almost seems like a dumb question to me. should u spend a couple bucks and fix the gasket or spend a couple grand and just replace the engine cuz of a bad intake gasket? now, if the old engine was toast, then i'd be thinkin about swappin. save urself some money and a big headache and just fix the gasket, just like the last few ppl said.
              idk, id rather swap my engine for a h22 instead of changing the oil. it just seems more cost efficient that way.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

haha, yea

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

start saving up and buying parts over the next few months, so that way whenu finally do your swap u wont hurt ur wallet.

my friend before he knew it spent 900 over a year for his pisonts valves etc...and still feels comfortable to spend more versus doing it all at once.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well eh.....i just recently got into a wreck 2 nights ago...but it wasn't my cb7 hah...it was in my 99' civic coupe. So....yeeeeea im gonna have to fix that gasket now.

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

Comment

k more retardedness now...
                      Since i wrecked my red civic...
                      I needed my cb7 fixed asap...
                      Towed it to the shop...
                      And it is my Intake Manifold Gasket...but according to the mechanic...he also said that i got another problem.
                      Something like the "Water Pump Pipe" being rusty? He mentioned its something that's connected with the Thermostat Housing...idk what he's talkin' about. Any of you guys do?
                      All he mentioned is that if i can get one from like a JY, he'll put my intake manifold back on along with the new gasket. Help asap. I need to know what it looks like. TIA

fyi...cb7 is at 192K miles

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                        k more retardedness now...
                        Since i wrecked my red civic...
                        I needed my cb7 fixed asap...
                        Towed it to the shop...
                        And it is my Intake Manifold Gasket...but according to the mechanic...he also said that i got another problem.
                        Something like the "Water Pump Pipe" being rusty? He mentioned its something that's connected with the Thermostat Housing...idk what he's talkin' about. Any of you guys do?
                        All he mentioned is that if i can get one from like a JY, he'll put my intake manifold back on along with the new gasket. Help asap. I need to know what it looks like. TIA

fyi...cb7 is at 192K miles

It's a pipe that runs at a diagonal across the engine underneath the intake manifold but above the oil filter. You should be able to see it when you change your oil. It connects the water pump to the thermostat housing, maybe 8 inches long, metal, has one (or two, can't remember) smaller tubes coming off of it to go to your heater.
                        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji View Post
                          It's a pipe that runs at a diagonal across the engine underneath the intake manifold but above the oil filter. You should be able to see it when you change your oil. It connects the water pump to the thermostat housing, maybe 8 inches long, metal, has one (or two, can't remember) smaller tubes coming off of it to go to your heater.
                          Thank you, it's exactly how you described it. Mech showed it to me and it looked like rusted metal off of a sunken ship. Appreciate the help dude.

*Needs*
                          -New shocks
                          -Struts
                          -Drop
                          -Cleaning
                          -New Tires/Wheels
                          -New Window Tint
                          -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                            Thank you, it's exactly how you described it. Mech showed it to me and it looked like rusted metal off of a sunken ship. Appreciate the help dude.
                            You're welcome.
                            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

K..update...
                              Replaced Pipe...
                              Replaced IM-Gasket...
                              and Head Gasket replaced on Dec/08...

...F22a1 still runs like shit....and yess, white smog DID smoke out my exhaust system this time...but i dont get it. All these were replaced. Help! TIA...this is bullshit. So im realllyyy working towards the h22a now.

*Needs*
                              -New shocks
                              -Struts
                              -Drop
                              -Cleaning
                              -New Tires/Wheels
                              -New Window Tint
                              -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Working...
                              X