Intake egr ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake egr ports

Hi all got a question: just pulled my injectors and found a ton of build up around the edges and inside the intake, also pulled one of the egr plugs and it was clogged big time. Just wondering if I should take the whole intake off and give it a good cleaing vs. just pulling all the egr plugs and cleaning the ports. I've got it all apart now, just don't want to remove the intake if there is no point. It failed emissions NOx and it's got the quivering thing going on so it's obvious this is a contributing factor to my issues. What should I do?
    thanks for all the help, this forum rocks!

atleast clean the egr ports...

you can take off the intake mani and take it apart and clean everything, it'll only help.. plus you'll be able to clean the actual egr valve, not just the egr ports, easily.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

ya good point I guess i've got it apart this far I should just go all the way.......are the bolts that mount the intake to the block usually hard to remove? I've got them soaked with liquid wrench right now...gonna try to get them off after dinner. Also how tight do they go back on?

thanks

Comment

well I've got the intake removed, tons of carbon inside, egr's caked. I'm wondering now if I should just swap to the F22a6 manifold...lol

Comment

hell yea...throw in an a6 manifold.
          92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Starting with the inner or center nuts, tighten the nuts in a crisscross pattern to the correct torque. The tension must be even across the entire face of the manifold if leaks are to be prevented. Correct torque is 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm) for all models.
            Note: This is the procedure for attaching the manifold body to the head, if you need to know any other torque numbers let me know.
            Thanks Chilton manual!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

ya when i did my egr ports the first time i left the intake mani on. it wasnt hard though just time consuming. and not to long after i did that i did my a6 mani swap. but before i put the a6 mani on i gave the entire mani the cleaning of its life, i removed all 6 egr plugs and cleaned the ports until the metal was shiny. i cleaned the egr valve itself, i cleand the entire "tunnel" and i figured since the mani was off why not clean the throttle body,iac, so i did. make sure when you reinstall the manifold that u get all the old gasket off the block, a steady hand with a sharp razor works well. and soak the old gasket matarial with intake manifold cleaner to soften it up. i used a coat hanger as a pick to clean the egr ports, and intake manfold cleaner to clean the ports and entire manifold. and since the manifold was off the car at the time i power washed the whole thing. in the end it was like brand new and car has ran great ever since. i passed emmissions with flying colors to. good luck. and when u reinstal the manfoild tighten in the pattern stated above, no need to overtighten them. after its on start up car, idle might be fucked up for a second or two but let car run for awhule or take it for a nice long drive and be proud of your work.

Comment

awsome thanks guys...I'm going to call the scrap yards and try to find the larger manifold.....what year car was it on and do i just need the manifold and the intake plennum? or is there other parts....and will all the hoses fit in the same locations?

Comment

hoses will fit, the manifold is exactly the same fitment just better runners, u need the intake manfold,the a6 ecu, the plenum, the vacume diahpram that opens and closes the valves, the black box/iab, but like most of use just forget the black box and run the valves off a vacume from the mani its a lot easier than running the wire to pin 17 on the ecu. but if u get the manifold its likely the diaphram is already attached and same gos for the plenum. u need to get the mani off any wagon, or a 1991 se, or a 92-93 ex, or a 93 se. all those have the a6, make sure u get the a6 ecu to so its a complete swap.
                  Last edited by 91accord4door; 11-18-2004, 09:21 AM.

Comment

looks like I'm stuck with this mani for now, called every scrap yard under the sun and no one has one...I'll keep looking and swap over as soon as I can find the parts...I found it very easy to remove so atleast I know what I'm getting into...where does everyone else find these...scrap yards...ebay? I'm lost

Comment

got mine at a scrapyard. i know the owner. i got my a6 manifold,ecu,black box (not using),throttle body (same on all cb7's), i got all that for $25. camewith plenum,and all. sweet deal.

Comment

Very sweet deal, I can't even talk f22a into selling me just the mani for $50. Am I unreasonable? He won't post a response.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

umm i wouldnt pay more than $50 for just the mani,lol. take your time and find better prices because there out there, and no your price is resonable.

Comment

I'm getting prices from $100-$150 Can for the whole intake assembly but they dont have the f22a6....the scrap yard monkeys don't have a clue there is a difference....they keep telling me 90-93 are all the same...lol

Comment

buzz u got pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X