Exedy clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exedy clutches

Are these a decent alternative to the factory Honda clutches? I thought I read somewhere that they are OK.
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Re: Exedy clutches

Originally posted by accordme93
    Are these a decent alternative to the factory Honda clutches? I thought I read somewhere that they are OK.
    exedy makes clutches for honda. proof of this is when i ordered one from honda directly (my dad told me to for peace of mind), they sent me a DAIKIN clutch cover and disc, and DAIKIN is a subsidiary of Exedy. be sure that when you put it on, break in that piece for a long time because clutch jobs are very expensive unless you have the time and knowledge to do it yourself.

Comment

I'm using an Exedy Racing clutch in my whip. It is the hottness!!

Comment

I know someone that will put one in for about $100 bucks. So I can grab one off ebay for $105.
        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

hmm 100 for labour seems a little sketchy

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

It's my buddy's uncles friend. His uncle is a service writer for a Toyota dealership and he knows this technician.

Shit, I know a guy who rebuilt my buddy's 86 Accord tranny for a 12 pack! And he did a good job too!

Comment

I have an Exedy and so far so good. Some play in my tranny and I'm hoping it's not the clutch.

Anyway, I paid $250 cash for a couple of friends who are Lexus techs to do it.
              Bart: What's your name?
              Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Working...
              X