Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve cover gasket replacement and such

whats up y'all

took my car into midas yesterday and found out that there was oil leaking into my spark-plug area, they said i needed to replace the valve cover gasket then the plugs and wires. so what i am assuming is take it all apart and clean out the araea of course. i was just wondering if there was any tips i should know about or anything that i should look out for when i do it. i looke dat my haynes manual and it doesnt seem like it will be too hard, i just wannna hear the experts opinions

thanx again for whatever help i recieve

No, its not your valve cover gasket causing oil to leak into the spark plug tube. It is the tube seals. Do a search, there is a thread located in the DIY section explaining the procedure. If you are not confident in doing it yourself, I sugges taking your car to a shop.

Comment

Make sure when you put valve cover gasket on,the mating surfaces are clean, and i would put a little bit of gasket maker at the edges of the cam holder. I have experienced problems when putting these gaskets back on and oil leaking around the cam holder.

Comment

Working...
      X