Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine flush.. just a question about the directions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine flush.. just a question about the directions.

i have a question regarding the engine flush

what does start engine and run at fast idle for 15-20 min mean?

does it mean to let it idle 15-20?? or rev it straight for 15-20?

my thinking is that fast idle means rev the car for 15-20

thanks.
    hahahahah

no no lol dont rev it, you know when u first start the car it idles high for a bit? thats what it means. basically just let it idle for 15-20 mins so it can get to appropriate operating temp. thats all it means. DONT rev it for 20 min. better yet go for a nice 20 min drive than do it.

Comment

haha i see.. thank you... just making sure.. it'd be wierd to rev it constantly ...
      hahahahah

Comment

will engine flush brake the seals? I wanna do it as well,just kinda afraid of the conseqenseces.
        Any idea that can do a "safe"flush guys?

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

what do u mean by letting it run at that 1.5-1.8?

doesn't the car rev's drop when it idles, after initial start up?

my friend gave me a bottle of amsoil engine flush thing. i didn't get a chacne to read the back (instructions) yet. but i should follow that and it should be alright right??
          hahahahah

Comment

If you change your oil every 3000 miles, and you're not leaking/burning oil or your oil doesn't look like crap, you don't need to do an engine flush. If the oil is dark, low, no oil on the dipstick, not been changed in over 3000 miles, etc. then you should have your engine flushed. That way you can get back on schedule with changing your oil on time.

If you're using a 1 gallon (4 quart) bottle often called a premium engine flush, I'd recommend draining your existing oil and replacing the oil filter with a new one. Pour the whole gallon of engine flush in the engine block. Add oil to reach the oil pan's recommended capacity if needed (not necessary on cb7's). Let the engine run for 15-20 minutes at normal idle. Drain the engine flush and replace the oil filter again with a new one. Then add your new oil. After starting it up, check the dipstick and the reading should be clear as glass.

There are also 1 quart bottles of engine flush. For those, just pour it in the engine block before changing your oil. Let the engine run at idle for 5-20 minutes. Then drain your oil, put on a new filter, and fill it with new oil.
            -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
            -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

Working...
            X