No announcement yet.

Castrol or Valvoline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shell/Rotella. It has the detergents/additives our flat tappet valve train NEED. It's also cheap.

I've never liked castrol. Not because it's a bad oil, but because I've noticed it turns the insides of motors a ugly, dark color.

Penzoil does tend to gunk up, but so will any other oil when you go a few thousand miles without changing or a few months without running the car.

I hate anything from Mobil, especially the sythetics. It's over priced and does poorly in the bearing pressure tests.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

My old cb I used valvoline maxlife and that car was beat on and abused.....but the motor still runs like a champ to this day

My new cb Im gonna be using royal purple just cuz I can get deals on it.....otherwise Id buy valvoline.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        Shell/Rotella. It has the detergents/additives our flat tappet valve train NEED. It's also cheap.

I've never liked castrol. Not because it's a bad oil, but because I've noticed it turns the insides of motors a ugly, dark color.

Penzoil does tend to gunk up, but so will any other oil when you go a few thousand miles without changing or a few months without running the car.

I hate anything from Mobil, especially the sythetics. It's over priced and does poorly in the bearing pressure tests.
        Is it just me or is Shell/Rotella not readily available in 10w30? I used to use that stuff in my mom's old Audi before she wrecked it, except in 15w40.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

No idea. I always use 5w30.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            No idea. I always use 5w30.
            You gots to use the 10w30 when it gets hot down souf.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

i love valvoline, used it since day 1 in my f20b and it still looks brand new inside

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by akeel92ex View Post
                i believe there is some test i saw on youtube with royal purp and some other shit, it was simulatiing a piston moving in the engine, showing how it grinds the metal n shit, anyway so it showed that royal purp actually fixed the metal that was destroyed and prevented it from being damaged as much dry with no oil, i believe this is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvhRi7-iMA
                wow its as good as they say it is.

Originally posted by bigbadnothing85 View Post
                mobil1 full synthetic never cared for gastro or valves-will-lean
                ha lamo. mobil garbage
                Freedom Is Not Free
                U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

i really like the castrol GTX, synthetic = purple or amsoil.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

wow its as good as they say it is.

yeaa ya feel me the shits legit, 6 bucks a qrt at the walmart ova here
                    can't please everybody.

I don't want to hear it. I want fogs!

MRT
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129461

Comment

so castrol was the winner. when i got to the dealer i got the whole speel about how they recomend it then he said i would get 10% off doing their package. i was sold.
                      Freedom Is Not Free
                      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

It's either one in my opinion, or Mobil 1.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                        "The Turtle"
                        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                          You gots to use the 10w30 when it gets hot down souf.
                          x2 on that! and when that midget on the crankshaft picks up his hammer and starts pounding away (aka rod-knocking)... Gotta bump up to that 20w-50.... till you can get a new engine lol.

Anyways i've always preferred Castrol GTX... It's awesome, it works, and it's fairly priced. JUST STAY AWAY from pennzoil and Quaker state if your not good at keeping up with your oil changes. They have a parafin wax based formula, making the oil lose it's viscosity quicker.... I think i used the right word lol (Viscosity = ability to lubricate?!?!?!) and those oils tend to create sludge quicker than other oils.

Comment

^^^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Greatest EVAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post

^^^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Greatest EVAR!!!
                              I don't like that picture, funny, but I drive a ford.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                              "The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                                Valvoline but if you really want to take care of the car with Royal Purple.
                                x2

great minds think alike

Comment

Working...
                                X