the conversion to manual steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the conversion to manual steering

so at this moment, ive taken all the lines off.

im trying to find like a pipe plug fitting for the two fittings that goto speed sensor. speedometer doesnt work anyways, dont need that in a track car.

i do plan on keeping the p/s reservior. ill just have one of the upper hoses on the reservior capped off. ill run custom lines to the reservior and keep the reservior somewhat full so i dont run the rack dry.

one of these will fit one of the spots on the rack and the other i will just hack off the end of the hard line.

one of the reasons why the rack is so hard to turn if you have everything connected but witht he power steering belt off is that you are trying to move fluid that is under pressure. once the pressure is relieved, the fluid should have space to travel which is the reasoning behind the reservoir.

you can still run the lines to the speed sensor as it wont affect anything and it wont make the engine bay look messy since it is all behind the intake manifold but my speed sensor is broken anyways.

ill update with pictures.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

that fitting is garbage, it's all loosy goosy.

the smaller lines, i just hacked them 3 inches out of the fitting and used the same hose for the speedometer and looped them.

used about 5 feet of 1/2" line.

ill try and get pictures soon.
    I <3 G60.

Comment

i used 1/4" compression fittings and a cap to block those smaller lines off. i really need to get pics of this shit.
      I <3 G60.

Comment

this for the auto-x'ing?

Interesting point about just taking off the belt, but what exactly would be making it pressurized though? The pump being present (though not turning)?

Good thing about having the res. if you do happen to spring a leak you will see the level drop, that way you won't run 'er dry by accident.
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          this for the auto-x'ing?

Interesting point about just taking off the belt, but what exactly would be making it pressurized though? The pump being present (though not turning)?

Good thing about having the res. if you do happen to spring a leak you will see the level drop, that way you won't run 'er dry by accident.
          there's a helicut gear on the differential that spins the speed sensor and apparently this makes pressure within the steering system as well.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

I took some bolt cutters to my lines right at the ps gear box, they are crimped down hard. I removed all the other lines on the car including the ones to the speed sensor.
            1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
            newer race video,older race videos
            1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
            1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

so this shows the speed sensor

while this...

is the part you are referring to that is not needed with the p/s delete that will cause press. in the system.

correct?
              ____

Comment

i dont understand what you are asking.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                X