car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car won't start

hey guys i was wondering...if i dont have enough oil in the engine could that prevent me from being able to start my car...if so how would i know i'm low on oil...besides checking the dip stick. because i noticed as i was trying to start my car last night the oil light acted funky. lol i know this sounds like a noob ? but can anyone please help.
    ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
    *and its alive!! hahaha*
    *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

anyone?
    ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
    *and its alive!! hahaha*
    *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

then get some oil.

probably somethingi else but get some oil.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well i don't wanna if its not the problem i cant just dump a quart of oil in there and expect it to run like that because if oil is fine then that means 4qt oil + 1qt= 5qts too much
        ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
        *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

first off you havent told me any symptoms. Does it crank, does it crank slow, does it start sometimes or did it work then you did some work to it. does it do it in the morning, only when its hot...things like that.

and you would KNOW there is enough oil if you check that little thing that goes into your oil pan called the dipstick, usually its on the drivers side of the car right behind the power steering pump. and you would know if you had enough if you looked to see if that oil was between the 2 dots. im not saying just add a quart even though there is enough fluid in there. use common sense.

and if ur 1 quart low on oil just put some anyway. its like saying since your tire still rolls you dont need to put air in it yet.

otherwise there is no way that anyone can help you. ANYONE.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
            first off you havent told me any symptoms. Does it crank, does it crank slow, does it start sometimes or did it work then you did some work to it. does it do it in the morning, only when its hot...things like that.

and you would KNOW there is enough oil if you check that little thing that goes into your oil pan called the dipstick, usually its on the drivers side of the car right behind the power steering pump. and you would know if you had enough if you looked to see if that oil was between the 2 dots. im not saying just add a quart even though there is enough fluid in there. use common sense.

and if ur 1 quart low on oil just put some anyway. its like saying since your tire still rolls you dont need to put air in it yet.

otherwise there is no way that anyone can help you. ANYONE.
            yes everything works fine turns over but wont start i have checked mostly everything except dizzy and fuel pump/compression...yeah i know bout the dipstick but i said besides the dipstick...i know but if i turn out to have enough i dont wanna over fill it
            ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
            *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

then check if there is enough oil, add accordingly.

do you have spark?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

so if you havent checked dizzy and fuel, then what have you checked? do you know how to check oil?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  then check if there is enough oil, add accordingly.

do you have spark?
                  ok thats what ima look at marrow

yes i believe so
                  ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                  *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    so if you havent checked dizzy and fuel, then what have you checked? do you know how to check oil?
                    batt, alt, starter wire most important fuses...But i've had school this week so not much time to work but i got tomarrow and all week.
                    ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                    *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

if i was in sac, id help you out.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Still no description of the actual fault.
                        Does the car crank at all?
                        Did it just not start one day, or has it been getting worse over time?

Where is the oil reading on the dipstick right now?

Theres hundreds of reasons why cars won't start - Broken cambelt, main relay, starter motor, fuel pump etc.
                        But we can't help you properly without any info

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

fuk i live in sacramento lol.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by Nas92 View Post
                            yes everything works fine turns over but wont start i have checked mostly everything except dizzy and fuel pump/compression...yeah i know bout the dipstick but i said besides the dipstick...i know but if i turn out to have enough i dont wanna over fill it
                            I seriously doubt that you've checked mostly everything except the dizzy and fuel pump or compression because YOU HAVEN'T EVEN CHECKED THE FUCKING OIL YET, so I doubt you've pulled the plugs, checked the timing, tested the main relay, checked fuses or done anyting except post on here about finding a way to check the oil without using the dipstick. It's the second easiest thing for you to check. Have you checked to make sure you have gas? (It's the first easiest thing, in case you wondered.)

Comment

that would have been awesome lol
                              ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                              *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

Working...
                              X