Gas fumes question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas fumes question.

So awhile back I threw a CEL which pointed at bad o2 sensor. Drove awhile before changing the sensor and I would smell gas fumes especially after driving or at stop lights.

Recently replaced the sensor with a working used OEM one which I assumed would eliminate my bad gas mileage and fumes but my gas mileage is still the same(300 per tank , spirited city driving) and I still get the gas fumes.

We did reset the ecu as the DIY called for after installing the new/used o2 sensor and let the car idle to relearn which eliminated the CEL but bad mileage and fumes still exist.

My real question is what else could be causing the gas fumes(its very noticeable)?
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Evap canister?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

pop your hood and see if you smell gasoline in there. then look at the fuel injector rails where they meet the intake plenum for seepage of gasoline, or if it looks wet.

usually they leak after soo long and you will get fumes, however if u dont smell it in the engine then its somewhere else.

the evap canister only holds fuel vapors, unless your an idiot and filling up the gastank wayyyy past the limit where it shuts down. it is actually supposed to obsorb the vapors and not give it off...if it gave it off then its toast, highly unlikly..
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
        Evap canister?
        Yea, I have to check that, Night Wold said to check to see if the a/c dump is hooked up there or some shit like that
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
          pop your hood and see if you smell gasoline in there. then look at the fuel injector rails where they meet the intake plenum for seepage of gasoline, or if it looks wet.

usually they leak after soo long and you will get fumes, however if u dont smell it in the engine then its somewhere else.

the evap canister only holds fuel vapors, unless your an idiot and filling up the gastank wayyyy past the limit where it shuts down. it is actually supposed to obsorb the vapors and not give it off...if it gave it off then its toast, highly unlikly..
          I will check the injector seals, good idea
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X