No announcement yet.

the most UNsolvable problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well I called my local honda dealer and they said 54 dollars to tell me exactly what's wrong with my car. Damn I need this fixed so I can start upgrading lol

Comment

i would focus on the egr/cat/o2 sensor system.

i had a VERY clogged cat on an old mazda pickup. it would do something very similar to your issue. and once the internals of the cat finally burnt up and blew out the tailpipe that thing took off like a rocket. i had tried everything up until then except look at the cat.

just a thought

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Ya know I was thinkin. Is there a way to just cancel out the egr. And if I do and keep the same ecu I'm sure the cel will come on which doesn't bother me but will the car run funny and do they make a block off plate for the egr

Comment

i have seen block off plates , just a piece of sheet metal thats bolts were the egr vavle was in

( Code 12 = bad egr valve might pop up on cel )
          if you do this , please take out your old egr ports clean the inside with carb / throttle cleaner use a coat hanger to get the deep carbon loose and out

you can get new egr plug ports around a 1$ each at your dealer

Btw i just ran seafoam ( used 1/3 of a can ) in my H in my intake and it reduced my hesitiation that i sumtimes get when accelerating , i still gotta clean my ports , i only did the valve

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Is there anyway to get around cleaning out the ports

Comment

Buy new runners ( I think this is where the ports are) but I'm guessing that'll be expensive.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                Chuggin as in jolts? Igniter if the tach decides to go crzy.
                or bad gas
                either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

I have the same problem...

I can tell you what its not...

fuel filter
                  clogged cat
                  bad egr
                  bad cap/ rotor

why? because I have checked or replaced all of this and my car still does it randomly...

(for the egr I just unplugged it and drove around...)

It does feel like hitting a rev limiter how the car jerks, than back fires in my case... but my tac needle never bounces around.

Im guessing its a spark problem...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post

fuel filter
                    clogged cat
                    bad egr
                    bad cap/ rotor
                    may i add to the list..

.fuel pump
                    .new dizzy
                    .port & polished whole Intake manifold (fully cleaned everything)
                    .main relay
                    .egr block off plate
                    .o2 sensor
                    .iacv
                    .3 different ecu's

everything that everyone has mention in this thread has not worked! (for me) so since im in the middle of swapping, im changing the engine harness as well to see if any wires are defected in any way. also changing other things with brand new OEM parts from honda to make sure.
                    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I had a 93 accord come in to the shop and had the same problem and it turned out to be the TPS.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

a vacuum tube collapsing after warming up?

but as for egrs i highly suggest doing this diy
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=egr
                        -:¦:-
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Could Be Anything Really. Ecu, Relay, Injectors, Map Sensor, Etc. Thats A Tuffy. The Same Thing Happened To My Mazda Yesterday But It Ended Up Being Coil Packs Which Cb7s Dont Have. Since You Replaced Your Distributor And Wires, And Plugs It Might Be Anything I Mentioned Above. Clean Those Egr Ports Like Every One Else Said And See What Happens. Seafoam The Car Lol. It Wont Hurt.

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by vh22accord View Post
                            I had a 93 accord come in to the shop and had the same problem and it turned out to be the TPS.
                            thats the only thing i could think of.
                            Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                            -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

have you checked your fuel pressure?
                              spin city

Comment

check ur codes before continuing, its flashing cause there is a issue.

if ur egr was a problem, then u will have issues at idle with it stalling.

hwo is the condition of ur sparkplugs, have u inspected them?
                                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                                X