the most UNsolvable problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the most UNsolvable problem

So I've been having a problem with my stock 91 ex that nobody can seem to figure out. Here the scenario:
    Ill start the car in the morning and let it warm up for a few, ill start to drive and the car runs great absolutely no problems. After about 10 - 15 mins the car starts to chug and and buck so I press the gas all the way and it keeps chugging than all of a sudden it feels like it breaks free and starts to pull normal. Sometimes I cut the car off and than back onand it goes away but slammin the gas and waiting for it to kick seems to work better. Now I don't have any check engine light all the time but sometimes it does come on but when I try to jump it it just flashes real quick and doesn't stop so I turn the car off and than back on and it doesn't come back. Now I've changed the alternator, the plugs, wires, entire brand new distributor, cap rotor, fuel filter, I've cleaned out the throttle body and the egr valve, I replaced the valve cover gaskets and the little gaskets on the valve cover that go where the plugs and wires are. I even changed the main relay under the dash and its still doing it. Is there anyone out there that knows what my problem is. Pleaaaase help

Have you checked you oxygen sensor?
    I'm not saying that the oxygen sensor is at fault, but have you checked it?
    Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
    FoDough fo moreho
    [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

EGR. does it happen if you stay on it?
      also, does it happen to be at WOT that it starts to get better?

Comment

I had a 90 lx that did that. I took out the fuel injectors and cleaned the little screened cap and that did the trick. Might try that??? Mine apparently had rust in the tank and it was clogging the fuel injectors up.
        Check out my members rides page here:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129591

Comment

when it starts chugging, look at the tach. does the needle bounce around or stay consistent?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Chuggin as in jolts? Igniter if the tach decides to go crzy.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

When I'm just cruising at consistent rpms, that's when it seems to start doing it. I know this is a noob question but what's WOT?
              I'm not positive, cause I never really payed attention but I'm pretty sure the tach stays kinda regular is doesn't jump around. Its weird the car will be driving completely normal and than start to feel real bogged down like its struggling to go than if u hold the gas all the way down it eventually "breaks through" and goes . This shit seems like a problem nobody can solve at all.

Oh yeah ill clean those injectors out and see if that helps

Comment

what's WOT? = u hold the gas all the way down

WOT = Wide Open Throttle

And it sounds like an EGR problem. Try to check your CEL (Check Engine Light) code again, they're usually really good at pinpointing a specific system.
                Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I cleaned out the egr reallllly good but now that everyone is mentioning it the car ran fine for a long ass drive right after I cleaned the egr and didn't do it till the 2nd time I drove the car. Ill replace it. What about the fuel pump does this sound like a fuel pump issue at all, I'm really delaying throwing that pump in lol

Comment

I'm having very similar problems. I tested the fuel pressure and replaced the dizzy all that fun stuff bit I think Ive narrowed it down to the map sensor. I will find out this weekend if i make it out to pull a parts.

Comment

first see what the code is for the CEL. even if it's not on all the time, it's still stored in the memory. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Even though u cleaned the egr, the egr ports are still clogged. That's what's causing the bogging problem. Check the diy section on how to clean these up.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

ive had this same problem, kinda feels like your hitting a fake governer when it bogs right? i was leaning more toward an ecu problem? im replacing mine with a p28 so even if its egr that should delete right? oh and it runs fine when the engine light is on btw for me hasnt done it in about a year

the beast : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137926

Comment

diy egr port cleaning

This only happens for the 1st few minutes. Once your cel turns on the bogging stops. I guess this is because the ecu bypass's the egr (since the ports r clogged) . Clean your egr then drill out the egr ports and clean them up. You'll be all set
                            Last edited by tear2wo; 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

I gotta say either o2 sensor, or dizzy. I had a friend go thru what you just described after installing an air/fuel mix guage wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X