Accel Supercoil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accel Supercoil?

Recently I installed a new internal coil in my JDM H22A Dizzy. But all of a sudden I'm getting the same issues I had before w/ my old coil. Its doing this weird popping again in the upper RPMs and making it shift at the incorrect RPMs, @ 6K instead of 7200RPM where the TCM makes it the trans shift at. So what i'm wondering, is it possible for a brand new coil to fail within a span of a couple months? I bought it new back in mid January and now in late March its already showing the same symptoms as my old one.

Ok, another question. I found this Accel high output coil at Autozone in there "tuner" section behind the counter, lol, its a 3 ft by 7 ft shelf where they have all the MSD and Mr. Gasket high performance stuff. While I was asking the guy for a new coil, I swore I saw something with a Honda on it and asked to see it. It fits my Distributor! 90-91 Accord fits a JDM internal coil dizzy. So would I see a benefit by using THIS coil vs. the Checker coil I got? It claims a 20% higher output over stock so does that mean its built better or anyone have luck w/ high performance coils? I got this for pretty cheap, it was much cheaper than the normal stock coil replacement they had in there computer. About 55 bucks vs 73 for a Duralast one. So thats why I opted for this instead. I've also got Nology Hotwires do you think I'd see an improvement anywhere?

Last edited by Losiracer2; 03-30-2009, 01:49 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

just fyi it is possible for a unit to fail after a couple months...i bought a brand new coil and didnt even work out of the box had to bring it back and exchange it again....does it knock at high rpm?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Originally posted by carps_accord View Post
      just fyi it is possible for a unit to fail after a couple months...i bought a brand new coil and didnt even work out of the box had to bring it back and exchange it again....does it knock at high rpm?
      yeah, I can hear a pop pop poppin out the back of the exhaust. Its annoying. And when i floor it from a dead stop, sometimes it goes to 7200rpm and other times it shifts out at 6k rpm. I don't think i screwd up anything when i installed that new coil back in Jan. It seemed like a pretty straight forward swap, take the old coil out w/ a couple phillips heads, and put the new one back in.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

bump, would this be a good solution? or are there better ones?

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

convert to external.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            convert to external.
            x2
            did this in all of my cuz's crxs and never had a problem ever

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
              x2
              did this in all of my cuz's crxs and never had a problem ever
              x3

I did this to my JDM H22 with a MSD Blaster SS coil $45 shipped. Had it for about a year and never had problems. Just dont get a MSD cap. they suck.
              NEW PSN
              H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
              RIP

Comment

Working...
              X