An odd skip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An odd skip

Ok here is my situation. Me and some people cant figure it out so here it goes.

Ok most of the people on here know of my 93 CB7 I just got a couple months ago. When I bought it it was skipping really bad. I gave it a tune up and newer plug wires and it runs WAAAY better than normal. Now I have this stumbling when I crank it up in the morning and it skips oh so very lightly. My passengers dont detect it but I know its there. I also noticed that my coolant tank over flowed after a 30 minute drive across town on the interstate. It has never done this and I have taken it to the boonies of North Carolina and back which was a 6 hour round trip. I also need a valve adjustment. I have a very audible tapping occuring and will be something that I will take care of as soon as I can. But anyways what can be the leading cause of this? I know I need lower tube seals but I dont think that is causing it. Anybody have any ideas or things I need to try before I conclude that I have a blown head gasket? EGR ports have never been cleaned.

check cooling system, see if it holds pressure and check your cap.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ok I am going to replace the cap as soon as I can.

Here are my compression test results:

121-121-120-115.

I think my compression should be good. I might have a bad or clogged injector somewhere. Might just need a fuel filter. But there is an ass load of oil in the tubes. That might be the cause of my skipping and I am going to have those replaced asap.

Comment

I had that stumbling a year ago...it was my headgasket that was leaking. My compression was I think 90 on all 4. I had honda do a block leakdown test and that revealed cyl 2&3 had coolant going in there.

The stumbling got worse and worse as time progressed. It never died on me though. I drove on it for about 4 months like that, so it was a slow leak.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Aww mang dont tell me things like that.

Comment

Anybody else with ideas?

Comment

oil on the plug wires will do it, get a valve cover gasket set and replace the tube seals.... get a new set of wires and go from there. a new fuel filter is never a bad idea, but i don't think thats your probelm.
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Well its got a new valve cover gasket and the guy I bought it from said something about tube seals. I guess they already did a leakdown test and got it fixed. I guess ill go ahead and get those upper and lower tube seals ordered and put them in on the next nice weekend I get. Might as well do it to my wagon too.

Comment

Working...
                X