Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheres a good place to mount an alarm siren?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheres a good place to mount an alarm siren?

there isnt too much available space under our hood...where do you guys have your siren mounted?

i was thinking maybe itd be a good idea to mount it in the wheel well behind the splash gaurd where cais go...

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

That's where I would put it. If I were you tho, I would do something kinda tricky. Go to a junkyard and buy a junk siren horn and mount that above your real siren. A lot of theives will try to pop the hood and cut the wires into the siren to disabble it. If you have a decoy, then they'll think they cut it and they haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
      That's where I would put it. If I were you tho, I would do something kinda tricky. Go to a junkyard and buy a junk siren horn and mount that above your real siren. A lot of theives will try to pop the hood and cut the wires into the siren to disabble it. If you have a decoy, then they'll think they cut it and they haven't.
      Good thought.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

or, you could get a siren with a backup battery? i've heard of 'em, but don't know how they work exactly.
        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

I have two sirens under my hood, right beside the cruise control unit-one for the voice and one for the siren sounds...then I also have another one that I installed in the middle air vents inside my car, that way if someone breaks in the alarm is crazy loud inside the car and most people would get right back out. I have another two sirens that I plan on putting under the back/rear of my car-one voice and one siren, but I've never gotten around to it. I have pics if you want to see.

Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

In the driver's seat headrest.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

front right on the frame
              93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

i put it by the fuse box in the engine, above the ac connectors below the MAP and vacumn box.

there is soo many places in the hood.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

alright thanks for the ideas guys...

Comment

after my car got jacked, i got crazy with it!

Two large sirens. One fake, and very visible. The other hidden and working.

I also have a small screamer in the vents inside, and a tiny backup battery under the dash.

Having 30 sirens won't do a thing if they kill your battery! (unless you got a back up!)

Btw- the backup is just powerful enough to run your siren. it won't start your car or anything
                    Noobie my ASS.

Comment

yea...im gonna install a hood pin so if someone tried to jack into my hood atleast the alarm would go off momentarily before the screwed it up, im not too worried about my car getting jacked though, its not likely where i live

Comment

my siren is under my hood, right upper side.. it doesnt get in the way of anything and isnt that big, but nice and loud..
                        1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

I've got a siren in each wheel well, 4 piezos inside(two front and two rear), glass shock sensor, proximity sensor, hood pin, and back-up battery. a little overkill, but my car was used as an instructional at an installation school so all i had to do was pay for the parts. The labor was free ( and it took like 2 and 1/2 weeks, but they did a ill job.
                          Bean Town Crew Member #3
                          Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                          "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

jeez, youd think from the equipment you guys have youd have ferraris
                            93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

Originally posted by dwoloz
                              jeez, youd think from the equipment you guys have youd have ferraris
                              When you live in a Honda high theft area, and have spent CRAZY PAPER on your car, the last thing you want is to see it raped by some asshole. I'll be damned if someone is gonna take my whip equipped with the H-twizzy. I'd rather hear the violation loud and clear. I probably wouldn't turn off the alarm untill after i let the theif hold two or three .40 caliber hollows(hoping the noise would mask the shots)
                              Bean Town Crew Member #3
                              Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                              "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Working...
                              X