Where Did All The Power Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Did All The Power Go?

Hey guys, about a couple months ago i took off my stock muffler and put on a reative one to make it sound loud and deep. So far it sounds perfect, just the way i like it to be. The down fall is that now when i accelerate i go much slower and it feels like my car has lost so much power. Has anyone experience this problem or that can tell me whats going on and how i can solve it?

If it helps i drive a 91 accord, EX-R, auto

sounds like it is free flowing too much, our motors need a little back pressure so that it can build some low end torque. How does it run at higher rpm?

Ken
    Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

true true. when youre not making alot to being with, every hp counts. try putting on a silencer, youll probably notice a big difference. especially in the lowend

Comment

I have an OBX-R muffler, i run w/silencer in 24/7 due to loss of acceleration (like u described), and low end. My 2.25" catback didnt fully feel like it was worth it until I put my silencer in. I mean we talking like what 4-5HP for a catback, but w/e every little bit counts. You definitely have TOO much flow, get a diff. muffler, one w/a better core.
        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

could a stupid little corcl silencer make that big a differance? maybe u have bigger problems? maybe not.

Comment

I'm running a Lexus SC400 muffler that i welded on myself on my 91 accord almost 2 1/2 inch pipe from catalyc on and I haven't experienced any low end loss. everyone thought i was crazy to do this, but my car sounds almost like a G35 exept its much louder and deeper. All my frieds bought Borla's and Apexi exhausts, but i'm the only one that hasnt lost any low end and gained a lot more then then LOL.

Comment

Hey thanks guys for the help

Comment

i wanna get a stock s2000 muffler and weld that on. That shit would be sweet
                R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                My members ride page
                Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

yea....

definantly try getting a silencer to create a bit of back pressure if this doesn't help you never know maybe it isn't the muffler......maybe it's a dirty air filter or bad spark plugs......you never know......
                  Josh D. Garcia

Comment

Working...
                  X