Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting codes.

CEL codes 41 and 12. o2 sensor and EGR.

The o2 was replaced and im still getting a code for it. Even after a reset. I havent looked at it since i replaced it, and it was new from Honda....

As for the EGR. Cleaned it. New gasket. Still getting CEL. I havent drilled the ports, but the car dies under load, so its opening/closing, but it seems the ECU isnt seeing that.....

I know there's a sensor or solenoid that detects whether or not its open/closed, and im thinking thats whats bad, but i dont think that can be replaced, i think the entire EGR has to be replaced. I was priced $220+ from Honda.

Ima see about drilling the ports, etc this week and see if that doesnt help. If not then i guess ill replace the whole valve.

Im stumped on the o2 sensor though.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

well, if you replaced the components and still is getting the code, id start looking at the egr solenoid and O2 wiring.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I dunno if that new sensor would be defective. Ill look into it though.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Update.

o2 CEL went away. Still have the EGR CEL. Im replacing it today.

Anybody know, will it hurt to flush that out with anything other than Brake Clean?? Everything on the IM side is clean, but i wanna clean out this new EGR.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          Update.

o2 CEL went away. Still have the EGR CEL. Im replacing it today.

Anybody know, will it hurt to flush that out with anything other than Brake Clean?? Everything on the IM side is clean, but i wanna clean out this new EGR.

I would not use brake cleaner because it make rubber materials hard and then finally crack. I use throtle body cleaner, if you can find the seafoam spray will be good. Why would you want to clean a new egr valve anyway?

Comment

Used EGR**

I used Carb Cleaner.

No more CEL....for now.

Comment

Working...
            X